Search for content in message boards

German Surnames

German Surnames

Melinda Weaver (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jan 2007 3:29AM GMT
Surnames: Schwenk, Schmidt, Schmitt, Bauer, Baudendistel, Lampert, Baughman, Beck, Hopf, Beckman, Bellner, Schneider, Berg, Bettag, Beyer, Boeglin, Bosler, Bosshert, Breidenbaugh, Brendle, Bretz, Bromes, Herzog, Bromm, Brosmer, Brunner, Hausman, Buchart, Schnaus, Buechlein, Guetling, Buhler, Dilger, Dupps, Eckert, Fehrinbach, Sermersheim, Ferkinhoff, Fillinger, Fischer, Fosbinder, Fuhs, Fuss, Frenzel, Friedman, Fritch, Gang, Gardner, Gehring, Weintraut, Geil, Mehling, Mehringer, Reyling, Buechler, Goeppner, Gramelspacher, Gutzweiler, Kuebler, Haag, Haas, Habig, Herbig, Haller, Holler, Hasenour, Heit, Huschart, Hochgesang, Hoffman, Jaent, Jochim, Knies, Teders, Matheis, Merkel, Meyer, Miller, Oberst, Pfau, Renner, Reuber, Roell, Struder, Schnerr, Schuler, Soller, Speth, Steidle, Steinhart, Steinkamp, Thibo, Fangman, Thyen, Wahl, Walter, Wehr, Wutcher
I am searching for these surnames in Germany. I have information on most of these as far back as 1800, some 1700, and some 1600. I am willing to share any information that I have.
Thanks,
Melinda Weaver

Meyer

Ellen Mueller (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Meyer
Looking for info on Maria Anna Main Meyer, born somewhere in Germany 5-28-1850 and emmigrated to Forreston, Ogle County, IL in 1868.

MEYER

Gail Meyer Kilgore (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Meyer
I was born in Rockford, Winnebago Co., IL and my parents in Ogle Co., IL so as I run across MEYER's in searching, which I already have, will keep you in mind.
g

Meyer

Melinda Weaver (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Meyer, Schnerr
Ellen,

I'm sorry, but the Maria that I have was born in 1900. She was born with the surname of Schnerr and married a Meyer.

Good Luck,
Melinda

Baudendistel

Andy Baudendistel (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Baudendistel
I am looking for information on the German surname Baudendistel. I don't know much about this name beyond my immediate family.

Breidenbaugh

Posted: 10 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2002 8:34PM GMT
Surnames: Breidenbaugh
I would be interested in information on Breidenbaugh's from Germany.

Thanks

Fuss, etc

Posted: 11 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2007 5:35PM GMT
Surnames: Fuss, Beck

I have Fuss and Beck and some of the other names you mention.
Would like to know which part of Germany they came from and share
what information I have.

Hopf - Bavaria

John Hopf (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2007 8:57PM GMT
Surnames: Hopf
In search of info on Hopf Family in Bavaria. Only info I have is on my Great Great Grandfather Johann Hopf. Born about 1816 in or near Hofles, Bavaria. Immigrated to Baltimore, Md. U.S.A. in 1854 with wife Magarette and two children. Any info would greatly be appreciated.

Miller/Müller

steve kennedy (View posts)
Edited: 22 Jan 2007 8:54PM GMT
Surnames: Miller, Müller
I am searching for a Jacob Miller a brewer from the Black Forest Baden area> Is the name MILLER the same as Müller?

searching my relatives

c newman (View posts)
Surnames: meijer, meyer, maier
my relatives were born in baden and immigrated early in 1800's. they were catholic (hiding jews) Wilhelm meijer changed his name when entering into america to meyer.
He married maria anna maier. her father was a farmer.
I am trying to find their jewish records.

I am also looking for the COLE/KOHL FAMILY. While in germany they spelled it kohl. they came to america in late 1700's early 1800's. some names were James, Jesse, Walter, Joshua,
Garfield they came into west virginia. These are also jewish
and need to find their records.

I am also looking for the Newman family that left in the 1700's maybe around 1735. also jewish. they came into virgina. maybe thru the port of philadelphia. some of the names are
George, David, Solomon, John, Issac, Nathaniel, Christopher.
I have heard that we may have been in hessen or saxony.

If you or anyone has anything please e-mail me. thank you
sincerely, c newman
per page

Find a board about a specific topic