Search for content in message boards

James Monroe Martin

James Monroe Martin

Linda Schmitt (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Martin
Does anyone know where James Monroe Martin,his son John, and his brothers Wilkinson,John,Anson went after the 1850 Lee Co. census. I have a mysterious Daniel in MO who might be connected to them.

Martin

Caroll Osburn Baldwin (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harris, Throop, Alder, Layman, Lemon, Osborne, Osburn, Pridemore, Sizemore, Huffmon, Garrett, Testerman, Blackwell, Brooks
I have a James Madison "Matt" Martin who married Alice Allene Alder in abt 1914 in Sneedville, Hancock, Tenn Just over the county line from Lee co Va. Have Jame'smother as Lucinda Catherine Troop Harris. Have James brother as John Davis Martin born Dec 18957 died 1921 in Texas. John Davis Martin was 2nd husband to Mary Ann "Polly" Alder sister to Alice Alder. Alice & Mary had another sister names Martha Elizabeth Alder who was married to John Davis osburn. (these are my grandparents) And just to make the story very interesting John Davis Osburn had a child out of wedlock with Alice Alder in about 1901/1902 her name was Honor Alder. She was raised by her grandparents James Harvey Alder, who was always know as Harvey & Elizabeth Layman also spelled Lemmon/Laymon./Lemon.Am working up a history on the 10 children of James Harvey"Harvey" Alder 1841-1924 & wife Elizabeth Layman 1844 & 1917. will exchange info. Caroll Osburn Baldwin ---DABCAB@isat.com----4220 No. Point Dr. Pahrump, Nevada 89048--the Osburn/Osborne family were from Blackwater, Lee, Va
per page

Find a board about a specific topic