Search for content in message boards

Osborn in Livingston and Vermillion County Illinois

Osborn in Livingston and Vermillion County Illinois

Posted: 11 Jan 2008 11:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
escendants of Michael S Osborn

Generation No. 1

1. MICHAEL S1 OSBORN1,2 was born 1830 in Ohio3, and died Abt. 1865 in Livingston County, Illinois. He married MARY H. MORTON4 21 Nov 1850 in Vermillion County, Illinios4. She was born Abt. 1828 in Ohio, and died in Illinois.

Notes for MICHAEL S OSBORN:
Time Line

1850- Michael Osborn marries Mary H. Morton in Vermillion County, Ill. This county is on the boarder of eastern Illinios, next to Indiana.

1860- Has family living in Newell, Vermilion County, Ill

Abt 1865- Family has moved to Livingston County, Ill and Mary has remarried. It is possible that Michael had died. This would have been near the end of the Civil War. He may have died in the war.

More About MICHAEL S OSBORN:
Residence: 1860, Newell, Vermillion, Illinois5

More About MARY H. MORTON:
Residence: 1850, District 21, Vermilion, Illinois6

More About MICHAEL OSBORN and MARY MORTON:
Marriage: 21 Nov 1850, Vermillion County, Illinios7

Children of MICHAEL OSBORN and MARY MORTON are:
i. WILLIS A2 OSBORN, b. 1852, Vermillion County, Illinios.

More About WILLIS A OSBORN:
Residence: 1870, Dwight, Livingston, Illinois8

2. ii. WARREN W OSBORN, b. 1854, Newell, Vermillion County, Illinios.
3. iii. FRANK M OSBORN, b. 1856, Vermillion County, Illinios; d. 19 Dec 1942, Pontiac, Livingston County, Illinois.
iv. PERRY OSBORN9,10, b. 1857, Vermillion County, Illinios.

More About PERRY OSBORN:
Residence: 1860, Newell, Vermillion, Illinois11

v. SARAH E OSBORN, b. 1858, Newell, Vermillion County, Illinios.

More About SARAH E OSBORN:
Residence: 1860, Newell, Vermillion, Illinois11

vi. N J OSBORN, b. 1859, Vermillion County, Illinios.

Notes for N J OSBORN:
She does not appear on the census of 1870 in Livingston County. I believe she died.

vii. SHEPARD OSBORN12,13, b. Oct 1865, Illinois14,15.

More About SHEPARD OSBORN:
Residence: 1880, Dwight, Livingston, Illinois, United States16

Generation No. 2

2. WARREN W2 OSBORN (MICHAEL S1)17,18 was born 1854 in Newell, Vermillion County, Illinios. He married (1) CLARA B OSBORN19. She was born 1866 in Illinois19. He married (2) EVA J SWEET 01 Dec 1880 in Livingston County, Ill20. She was born 1856 in Illinois21.

More About WARREN W OSBORN:
Residence: 1900, Eppards Point, Livingston, Illinois21

More About CLARA B OSBORN:
Residence: 1920, Pontiac, Livingston, Illinois22

More About EVA J SWEET:
Residence: 1900, Eppards Point, Livingston, Illinois23

More About WARREN OSBORN and EVA SWEET:
Marriage: 01 Dec 1880, Livingston County, Ill24

Children of WARREN OSBORN and EVA SWEET are:
i. LENA E3 OSBORN25, b. 26 Dec 1881, Kansas26; m. JOHN ELMER REED.

More About LENA E OSBORN:
Residence: 1900, Eppards Point, Livingston, Illinois26

ii. NELLIE MAUDE OSBORN26, b. 10 Jul 1884, Illinois26; m. HARRY REED.

More About NELLIE MAUDE OSBORN:

iii. JENNIE E OSBORN26, b. 1887, Illinois26; m. GREEN.

More About JENNIE E OSBORN:

iv. MARY W OSBORN26, b. 1890, Illinois26; m. CHRISTIE.

More About MARY W OSBORN:

v. EUNICE F OSBORN26, b. 1893, Illinois26; m. CUTTER.

More About EUNICE F OSBORN:

vi. MURRY E OSBORN26, b. 1896, Illinois26.

More About MURRY E OSBORN:

vii. DORA J OSBORN26, b. 1899, Illinois26; m. FISK.

More About DORA J OSBORN:

3. FRANK M2 OSBORN (MICHAEL S1)27 was born 1856 in Vermillion County, Illinios, and died 19 Dec 1942 in Pontiac, Livingston County, Illinois. He married SARAH ANN BOWERS 26 Feb 1890 in Livingston County, Illinois, daughter of WALTER BOWERS and ELIZABETH LEWIN. She was born 1866 in Brumfield, Illinois, and died 08 May 1934 in Pontiac, Livingston County, Illinois.

Notes for FRANK M OSBORN:
Timeline for Frank Osborn
1856- Born in Newell, Vermillion County, IL 1856
1860- Living in Newell, Vermillion County, IL 1860
1870- Living in Dwight, Livingston County, IL 1870. They are living with Perry and Mary Highsaw. Frank's dad (Michael Osborn) had either died or divorced. His mother Mary H. Osborn had remarried.

1890- Marries Sarah Ann Bowers in Livingston County
1892- Two children born in Streator Ill
1900- Lives in Pontiac Ill
1942- Dies in Pontiac Ill

I found their marriage record on the Illinois State database. Frank has his name listed as Osborne. In my opinion. It was a common mistake in those days for the county clerk to make spelling mistakes with common names. I found his is death record on the Illinois State database.

There was a Livingston County Probate for Frank Osborne. The case number is 4543. And his last name is spelt with an "E". I have contacted the Illinois University, which has this database and requested that they mail it.

The 1910 the Census states that Frank M. Osborne's father and mother were born in Ohio. And it states that he was born in Illinois.

The 1920 census states the very same thing.

The 1930 census for Oakley, he states that Frank, his father was born in Iowa, and his mother in the United States. In the 1920 census, Oakley states that his father and mother were born in Illinois.

On June 15, I called the Southside Cemetery of Pontiac Illinois and discovered these Osborn's buried there:

Frank Osborn 1856- Dec 19, 1942
Sadie Osborn 1864-1934
Theordore Osborn Nov 1853-Feb 24, 1936
Roy Osborn 1898-1929
Wife of Roy 1905-1994
Oakley Osborn March 9, 1972
Edna Faye Osborn Sept 4, 1968

These are some obits containing Osborn's in Livingston County, Ill.

Pantagraph, Bloomington, IL
Thursday, January 13, 2005

Ada L. Brock
PONTIAC - Ada L. Brock, 103, a resident of Evenglow Lodge the past 10 years, died at 2:10 p.m. Tuesday (Jan. 11, 2005) at Tjardes Health Care Center, Pontiac.
Her funeral will be at noon Friday at the First Baptist Church, Pontiac, the Rev. James O. Wolfe III officiating. Burial will be in South Side Cemetery, Pontiac. Friends may call one hour before the service at the church. Harris-Martin-Burke Funeral Home, Pontiac, is in charge of arrangements. The family suggests memorials be made to her church or a charity of the donor's choice. A memorial service will also be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Evenglow Lodge.
Ada was born Sept. 12, 1901, at Eppard's Point Township, Livingston County, a daughter of J. Elmer and Lena Osborn Reed. She married Leslie M. Brock on May 1, 1924, at her country home, where she resided all her life until moving to Evenglow. He preceded her in death on Nov. 14, 1967.
Survivors include one daughter, Jeanette Benedict, Morton; one grandson Brock Benedict; two great-grandchildren, Jeff Benedict and Nickie Roth; and five great-great-grandchildren, Jaykob and Jessie Kiefer, Zack Moulton, Tanner Benedict and Addison Benedict. She also is survived by her Evenglow family; her first Baptist Church family, where she was the oldest living member; and her community and farm families, where she was deeply admired and loved.
Ada was educated in rural Reed school and attended Pontiac High School. She was employed at Pontiac Elks Club for several years. She was an 85-year member of the First Baptist Church, Pontiac; the Dorcas Circle of the church; AARP; and she and her husband belonged to the Chief City Saddle Club.

Daily Leader, Pontiac, Illinois
Monday, December 16, 1968

Mrs. Maude Reed
Funeral Tuesday
Mrs. Harry (Maude) Reed, 84, 117 Humiston St., died Saturday at 8:15 p.m. at Humiston Haven.
Her funeral will be Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. at the Raleigh J. Harris funeral home. The Rev. John Hansen, interim pastor at the First Baptist Church, will officiate. Burial will be in South Side Cemetery.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. today at the funeral home.
Mrs. Reed was born July 10, 1884, in Eppards Point Township, a daughter of Warren and Eva (Sweet) Osborn. She was married to Harry Reed on Nov. 27, 1902 in Eppards Point Township. He died in 1956.
Surviving are a son, Russell; five sisters, Mrs. Lena Reed and Mrs. Eunice Cutter, both of Pontiac; Mrs. Jennie Green, Forrest; Mrs. Mary Christie, Kokomo, Ind., and Mrs. Dora Fisk, Payette, Idaho; a brother, Murray Osborn, Chenoa; three grandchildren, Homer, Anita and Roger Reed, Pontiac, and four great-grandchildren.
She was a member of the First Baptist Church.

Monday, May 14, 1956

Harry Reed
Dies at Hospital
Funeral Tuesday
Harry M. Reed, 75, 117 Humiston Street, died at 8:30 a.m. Sunday at St. James Hospital. He had been in failing health for several years.
Services will be at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Raleigh J. Harris funeral home, with Dr. C. C. Brown officiating. Burial will be in South Side cemetery.
Friends may call at the funeral home after 7 p.m. today.
Mr. Reed was born June 21, 1880, near Eureka, a son of Lewis and Georgann (Huxtable) Reed. He moved to Eppards Point in 1891 and farmed there until 1936, when he moved to Pontiac.
He was married to the former Nellie Maude Osborn, of near Chenoa, in 1902.
He was a member of the First Baptist church.
Survivors are his wife; a son, Russell, Eppards Point; three grandchildren; a great-grandson, and a sister, Mrs. Nona Sandiford, Kankakee.
A sister, Mrs. Amy Myer, and two brothers, Elmer and Edward, preceded him in death.

Daily Leader, Pontiac, IL
Mon., February 5, 1979

Lena Reed
Mrs. Lena E. Reed, 97, Pontiac, Route 1, died at 7:15 p.m. Sunday at her home, where she had lived since 1900.
Her funeral will be Wednesday at 11 a.m. at the Raleigh J. Harris Funeral Home, with the Rev. Stanley Murdoch officiating. Burial will be in South Side Cemetery.
Friends may call Tuesday from 5 to 8 p.m. at the funeral home.
Mrs. Reed was born Dec. 26, 1881, at Cloud County, Kansas, a daughter of Warren and Eva (Sweet) Osborn. She attended rural schools near Ocoya and she was married to J. E. Reed Sept. 6, 1900 near Ocoya. He died Aug. 21, 1929.
She was a member of the First Baptist Church.
Surviving are a daughter, Mrs. Ada Brock, rural Pontiac; a sister, Mrs. Eunice Cutter, Pontiac; a brother, Murray Osborn, Chenoa; a granddaughter, Mrs. Jeanette Benedict, Morton; a great-grandson, and two great-great-grandchildren.

Thursday, August 22, 1929

John Elmer Reed
J. Elmer Reed, a well known farmer of Eppards Point Township, died at his farm home Wednesday afternoon, August 21, at 3:15 o'clock following an illness of eight months.
Mr. Reed was born in Woodford County, Illinois, October 7, 1876, son of Lewis and Georgeann (Huxtable) Reed. His early life was spent in the vicinity of his birth, attending the Deer Creek schools. In 1891 his parents removed to Eppards Point Township, where he completed his education. He then engaged in farming, which he had followed all during his active life. He was united in marriage to Lena E. Osborn, of near Chenoa, on September 6, 1900, and they at once took up their residence on the farm where Mr. Reed's death occurred.
Mr. Reed is survived by his wife, a daughter, Mrs. Ada Brock, and a granddaughter, Jenette Brock. He is also survived by his mother, Mrs. Lewis Jacob Reed, of this city; two brothers, G. E. and H. M. Reed, of this city, and two sisters, Mrs. N. D. Myers, of this city, and Mrs. Mona Sandiford, of Kankakee.
Mr. Reed was a member of the Baptist Church at Ocoya and was also a member of the Modern Woodmen of America.
Funeral services will be held at two o'clock Friday afternoon, August 23, from the Reed family home, conducted by Rev. C. F. Kerr, pastor of the First Baptist Church of this city. Burial will be in the South Side Cemetery, Pontiac, with the Modern Woodmen in charge.

More About FRANK M OSBORN:
Residence: 1920, Pontiac, Livingston, Illinois28

Notes for SARAH ANN BOWERS:
On the United States Census of 1910 and 1920, Sarah's name is listed as Sadie A Osborn. On the marriage record, it is listed as Sarah Ann Bowers. I found her death information on the Illinois State database.

On both Census her parents are listed as being born in England.

Myocarditis for 2 years and apoplexy for seven months

More About FRANK OSBORN and SARAH BOWERS:
Marriage: 26 Feb 1890, Livingston County, Illinois

Children of FRANK OSBORN and SARAH BOWERS are:
i. OAKLEY C3 OSBORN29,30,31,32, b. 12 Jul 1892, Streator, Illinois33,34; d. 06 Mar 1972, Pontiac, Livingston, Illinois, United States of America35; m. EDNA FAYE HUGHES36,36, Abt. 1920; b. 20 Jun 189036,36; d. 03 Sep 1968, Clearwater, Florida.

Notes for OAKLEY C OSBORN:
Their marriage date of 1920 was derived from 1930 Census, which states they were married. When Oakley was 28 and Edna was 29.

More About OAKLEY C OSBORN:
Burial: 09 Mar 1972, Southside Cemetery of City of Pontiac, Illinois
Other-Begin: Livingston County37
Residence: 1930, Pontiac, Livingston, Illinois38
Social Security Number: 334-10-525939
SSN issued: Illinois39

More About EDNA FAYE HUGHES:
Burial: 05 Sep 1968, Southside Cem. Pontiac Illinois40
Residence: 1930, Pontiac, Livingston, Illinois41

More About OAKLEY OSBORN and EDNA HUGHES:
Marriage: Abt. 1920

ii. MARY OLIVE OSBORN, b. 1897, Streator, Illinois42; d. 07 Jul 1975, El Paso, Texas43; m. PEARSON.

Notes for MARY OLIVE OSBORN:
I have not been able to find anything on Mary Olive Osborn.

More About MARY OLIVE OSBORN:
Residence: 1910, Pontiac Ward 1, Livingston, Illinois44

iii. MARSHALL DELBERT OSBORNE, b. 1904, Pontiac, Illinois45,46; d. 12 Dec 1961, London, Ontario, Canada; m. VIRGINA RUTH SMITH; b. Abt. 1915, Oklahoma.

Notes for MARSHALL DELBERT OSBORNE:
Marshall Dale Osborn was found on the 1910 and 1920 census. He was living in Pontiac, Livingston County, Illinois in 1910 AND 1920. I was not able to locate him on any other census. I could not find him on the Illinois State database or any other place on the Internet. I have e-mailed the Canadian government at London, Ontario, requesting information on how to obtain a death certificate.

According to Jack. He served in the Canadian Air Force, and later died at London Ontario. The death date was about 1962 in the winter or spring, because he remembers there being snow on the ground. It is believed that he committed suicide. But that statement was made by Oakley, Marshall's brother, but at this time there is no other evidence.

He is buried at Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens, London Middlesex London Canada. It was found at this web site can be found at http://www.islandnet.com/cgi-bin/ms2/jveinot/search?s=350&am...=

Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens
2001 Dundas St
London ON, N5V 1P6
Phone: 519-451-2410
Fax: 519-451-5053

He is buried with the name: Marshall Delbert Osborne.
The record states that Bennet and Pincolmbe was the funeral home who did the funeral. That home is now owned by Needham Funeral Service 519-434-9141

More About MARSHALL DELBERT OSBORNE:
Residence: 1910, Pontiac Ward 1, Livingston, Illinois47

Re: Osborn in Livingston and Vermillion County Illinois

Posted: 14 Apr 2008 5:38PM GMT
Surnames: Osborn
I have Osborns in OK and in Vermilion Co., Illinois. In Potomac, ILL there are sonme in the cemetery. In OK, I am looking for a Linck who married an Osborn. Faye LInck lived in Tulsa. Her Mom's name was Bertha VanVactor Linck.

Posted: 14 Apr 2008 7:18PM GMT
I am sure the osborns may be the same. Is there away we could establish a common ancestor in Vermillion County. I might be able to help you from that point.

I am excited that you made contact with me.

Posted: 14 Apr 2008 8:02PM GMT
Surnames: Osborns
I do not know much about the Osborns, however I am willing to help if I can. Let me look at my file this evening.Could you send me you e-mail address? Mine is:
Bvl54@aol.com

Posted: 14 Apr 2008 8:30PM GMT
My email is abouthim@juno.com. I live in oklahoma City.

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 7:53PM GMT
Surnames: Osborn
I wouls like to find more info on Frank Osborn. My father had a brother named Frank, and i do not have much info on him, but I do know that he would have had a father named William S. Osborn, born in Deer Creek,l Il about the dates of which you speak. I would like to hear from you, and see if there is any conncection. I am working hard to establish info on my father, Telford A. Osborn, and I find it difficult because of the chance that he left his home in the Trail of Tears, with an Indian Maid, and that sops all information on him for now. Please help me if you can. If you would like to use d-mail this is mine: dander1921@comcast.net
Thanks.
Dorine Osborn Anderson

Posted: 8 May 2009 1:56PM GMT
I have two marriages on a James M. Osborn in Vermillion County, IL. He married Achia Grider on 12 Jan 1847 and Alice Cowell 25 Jun 1883. I have an ancestor James Moore Osborn that was born in PA in 1805 and died in 1865 in Scott County, IL. I am trying to find out if this is the same man or they connect in some way. Thank you for your kindness.

Posted: 23 Jun 2014 2:58PM GMT
I began this journey about 2 years ago. I am so lost, I have been trying to find my Grandfather Ray Otto "Sy" Osborne family for 2 years now. He had 2 sisters, Grace and Gussie and one brother Ray. His dads name was Steve Alexander Osborne and mom was Etta Pulliam. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you
Becky
my email is becknbecca@aol.com

My Great Uncle
Roy O. Osborn lived and died in Fresno, CA, he was married to Ruby L Osborn, he was in real estate
1891 – 1974

My Grandpa and Grandma
Ray (Sy) Otto Osborne married Mabel Johnson, they had 7 children 2 boys and 5 girls
1892 – 1958
they lived in Arkansas and Texas and then settled in Miami OK and died there in Miami OK

both my Grandpas sisters lived in St Louis

My Great Aunt
Grace Osborne Ottenad, she was a vaudville actor and married an Ottenad she lived in St Louis.
1893 – 1974

My Great Aunt
Gussie Osborne Anderson, I believe she was a vaudville actor and married an Anderson and they lived in St Louis,
1895 –

My Grandpa's Dad and Mom
Great Grandpa
Steven Alexander Osborne, he worked as a real estate agent
Birth May 1873 in Illinois, US, moved to Jonesboro, Arkansas and then to St Louis, Missouri
Great Grandma
Etta E Pulliam Birth Jul 1874 in Kentucky,US
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions