Search for content in message boards

Maryland Lookup Assistance

Maryland Lookup Assistance

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 3:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Mar 2013 8:47PM GMT
Surnames: Plowman
I am in need of some assistance with proving one piece of information for my DAR application. The records available online are sparce.

STATE: Maryland
COUNTY: Baltimore (to the best of my knowledge)

Looking for Estate/Probate for James M Plowman (or other records - see below)

Death Date Unknown: After 1813 (Between 1813 and 1820)

Query/Proof: I am looking for any piece of information which shows how Richard Plowman (1787 - 1838) is related to James M Plowman. The book "Plowmans in America" shows this relationship, but I require some kind of additional official records to support this relationship.

This is the last piece of information that I need. Would anyone be able to help me?

Re: Maryland Lookup Assistance

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 8:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Apr 2013 8:25PM GMT
You can go to Baltimore and look for estate, land and court records, or hire a researcher to do so for you. One place to look for a possible researcher is the website of the Association of Professional Genealogists. The MD Historical Society or a local genealogical society may also have lists of available researchers.

Baltimore city and County land records have been posted on the internet at www.mdlandrec.net. To utilize the site you must register (free) - they will send you a password.

Since your application must go through a particular existing DAR chapter, have you sought help from the person in such a chapter who is assigned to help applicants with their applications?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions