Search for content in message boards

Enniskillen/Tempo/Doon WAUGH and FRAZER

Enniskillen/Tempo/Doon WAUGH and FRAZER

Rhys Howitt (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2004 8:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking more information on William Waugh and Ann Armstrong of Doon? near Tempo, who had a son William in about 1810, who emigrated to Australia in 1847.

Also George Frazer and Margaret/Mary Gilkison of Tempo, whose son Thomas born about 1827, emigrated 1855, who married William Waugh the younger's daughter Mary.

One of the certificates shows a place name which looks like Ballyreagh or Ballyseagh; can anyone cast any light on that? I would greatly appreciate a few words on how these locations fit with each other.

Rhys Howitt
Canberra, Australia

Re: Enniskillen/Tempo/Doon WAUGH and FRAZER

graeme waugh (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 2004 5:20AM GMT
Ancestor William Waugh (father William,mother Ann Armstrong) m Jane Lindsay (Ginnie), Tempo 1830. Migrated as adult family to Melbourne, Mar-Jun 1857. Children John(1832) Ann (1833) William (1836) Mary (1838) Bella (1840). Worked as timber gatherers at Bullarook (Vic) then took up land at Summerfield (near Raywood) north-west of Bendigo.

Believe Mary married Thomas Fraser. Children included James,Newton,Robert,Anne,Lottie,Cissie and Isobel

Graeme Waugh
Melbourne.

Rhys Howitt (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 2004 6:30AM GMT
Graeme, yes this is definitely my lot. I have photos of Wm Waugh and wife, and some other info. I would like to correspond further -- but could you please email me after xmas as I am in the process of moving house and am currently using an external machine to access this message. rhysh@webone.com.au

Posted: 20 Mar 2006 4:08PM GMT
I'm looking for a Fraser family. On an Irish web site they informed me there were only two Fraser households in Fermanagh.
One in Drumkeeran and one in Killesher.
You are the first Frazer I have found. Maybe -z- is important
hope there is a connection. Robert/ James Fraser brothers who went to Lancashire
Regards
Sheila

Maureen Williams (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2006 1:03PM GMT
Surnames: FRAZER/FRASER/ABERCOMBIE/WILLIAMS/GORDON in Co. Fermanagh
Hoping to find more information on my FRAZER Family:

JAMES HUGH FRAZER (son of HUGH) married May 28, 1861 in Enniskillen JANE ABERCROMBIE (daughter of THOS. ABERCROMBIE & FRANCIS BRACKEN)

Children:
ELIZABETH FRAZER
ADELINE FRAZER (died 1915)
FRANCIS ANN FRAZER (b. 1863)
WILLIAM FRAZER (b. 1864)
SARAH JANE FRAZER (b. 1865)
EMILY EVANGELINA FRAZER (b. 1868)
JAMES FRAZER (b. 1870)
HUGH FRAZER (b. 1875)
ROBERT FRAZER (b. 1878)
CAROLINE FRAZER (b. 1880)
ROBERT FRAZER
ROBERT FRAZER
CAROLINE FRAZER

Some of these children immigrated to Canada about 1880 and changed the spelling to FRASER.

I am hoping to find out more about James Hugh FRAZER and his father HUGH FRAZER
(maureenwilliams@rogers.com)

Sheila Fraser (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2006 2:25PM GMT
Hi!
Sorry I don't think I can help with your links. My `Frasers' moved to Lancashire after their marriage. James married a Mary & Robert married a Martha.

Sheila

Posted: 4 May 2007 6:23AM GMT
Surnames: Waugh,Frazer, Barrass
My g grandparents were Mary Waugh & Thomas Frazer, through their daughter, Isabella, who married William Barrass.

Posted: 4 May 2007 6:26AM GMT
Rhys. My g grandparents were Mary Waugh & Thomas Frazer, through their daughter, Isabella. Noticed that you had photos. Would like to learn more. My email is rcblundell@bigpond.com.

Cynthia

Posted: 25 Mar 2009 5:22AM GMT
Surnames: Waugh, Lindsay
Hi all,

I'm a descendent of Isabella Waugh, William Waugh and Jane Lindsay's daughter. I know very little about William and Jane's parents, other than their names. Can anyone help? I have a photos of both William and Jane also.

Posted: 25 Mar 2009 5:34AM GMT
Surnames: Waugh and Frazer
I am descended from Mary Waugh/Thomas Frazer - if you like to give me your email address.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions