Search for content in message boards

Obit or family research help

Obit or family research help

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 7:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: parker, binyon, ??
Im trying to find out my grandfather side of the family. I need his dads name i think it might be Joe Tom Parker and his mothers name is Ruby (rubie) Lee Earnest. any information would be helpful. I was born in San Angelo, tx and most of my family lives in the Tom Green Co. area. I'm just trying to see what my roots are and to have something for my kids to have. thanks Sierra SierraLParker1@gmail.com or xsierrax23@hotmail.com.

Re: Obit or family research help

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 6:01AM GMT
Is this close to being correct? Joe Tom Parker/Ruby Lee Earnest > Melvin Joe Parker/Sandra Ethel Binyon > Sheri Monita Parker > You! If this is your lineage then logon https://familysearch.org/ and setup a "free" user account. Once completed, lookup death certificate for J. T. Parker (1 Aug 1912 - 15 Oct 1978). Death happened in Lamar County, TX but he was born in Mississippi to Joe Parker and Margie/Marjorie Martin. Respond to this so that I'll know I'm pursuing the "right" family?

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 7:21PM GMT
yes this is the right family. Is there anything else you can tell me?

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 7:52PM GMT
Melvin Joe Parker had siblings: Dora Fay, Billy Gene, and Mary Ann. Joe T. Parker's mother has an online death certificate filed as Mrs. V. E. Jones (27 Feb 1885 - 10 Apr 1934). She also died in Lamar County. Her family, surname Martin, is easier to trace than her first husband's, Joe Parker. Unable to isolate the Parkers in 1900-1920 Mississippi. Almost certain they were in that state 'cause J. T. (1912), Joe (1915), and Alva (1916) were enumerated as Mississippi-natives. By 1930 TX-Lamar-Paris-District 3-Image 5, their mom was remarried to Vernon E. Jones. Mr. Jones was already a resident of Lamar but I did not find a marriage record. Some of J. T. Parker's aunts/uncles (surname Martin) were also found in Lamar County.

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 9:05PM GMT
wow, you are getting more then I can LOL, my trial ended yesterday hence the questions on my papas side. Thank you so much for helping me. Can you tell me how to search more into my grandfathers side?

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 9:19PM GMT
Without a search engine, you are facing a difficult task!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions