Search for content in message boards

SEEKING TENNESSEE BYRDS

SEEKING TENNESSEE BYRDS

kris (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2002 6:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jan 2004 10:14PM GMT
Surnames: Byrd
i am seeking byrds from tennessee i have verry little information but i do know that what i have is accurate

i am seeking any information on the following people i have some information on them and am desperatly trying to find out where i come from

here is what i know so far
i amd looking for any information on neal byrd
he married a woman by the name of effie
i know that they were living in tennessee in 1923 when their daughter V.L. byrd was born
i also know that they had the following children who are all now dead
troy john byrddied arround 1998
clyde byrd died arroung 1983
george byrd died arround 1979
and helen byrd (family always said she died young )
i know information on most of their children and have some contact with them as v.l. byrd is my grand mother
if any one can help me i would greatly appreciate it and ithank you in advance
the only other thing that i know is that they were from arround the cocke co sevier county tennessee area i know the burrrial place of vl and clyde

thank you for any help you may be able to give

kris

corrections to Re: DESPERATLY SEEKING TENNESSEE BYRDS!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: 8 Sep 2002 2:53AM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2003 7:15AM GMT
Surnames: byrd
i have been able to find out a little more accurate info on my family
here is what i have
parrents neal and effie byrd
children as follows
clyde byrd born nov. 12,1918 in tennessee d. june 1982 dayton ohio
troy d byrd jb. jan 29 1919 tn aug 11 2000 ocke co. tn (maiden name not know at this time)b. jan. 29 1919 d. nov 11 2001 cocke county tennessee)
v.l. byrd b. june 22 1923 tn d. oct. 1986 okechobee fla(married glenn l king(b april 22 1907 d. jun 1985 okechobee fla.) v.l.'s birth certificate states that she was born june 2 1923 that is not correct it was dated wrong

i still havent found out any information on george or helen as of this time but i am still looking

if any one has any info tha might help i would greatly appreciate it

thanks in advance

kris

Re: MARY "POLLY" BYRD OF SEVIER CO,ENGLISH MTN

Posted: 13 Nov 2002 3:08PM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2002 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: Byrd, Dockery
I am from Sevier County, seeking info on parents of Mary "Polly" Byrd, born 1823 and the wife of William Rufus Dockery. She was said to be the daughter of Wiliam Byrd, but this does not compute. Anybody know of her?

Posted: 13 Nov 2002 3:08PM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2002 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: Byrd, Dockery
I am from Sevier County, seeking info on parents of Mary "Polly" Byrd, born 1823 and the wife of William Rufus Dockery. She was said to be the daughter of Wiliam Byrd, but this does not compute. Anybody know of her?

kris (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2002 11:18PM GMT
Surnames: Byrd
Im sorry i wish that I could help you. The only information that I have of my grandmothers family is what you see here. We could be related and Id never know it. I cant seem to get any further information about them than what I have.
I wish that I could be of more help to you!

Sincerely,
kris

Re: DESPERATLY SEEKING TENNESSEE BYRDS!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: 15 Dec 2002 10:19PM GMT
Edited: 16 Dec 2002 6:37PM GMT
Surnames: Byrd, Williams
Neal Byrd married Effie Williams in Sevier County, in I believe 1923. I accidently came accross it. Go to Sevierlibrary.org as browse. They have marriage records, census records. GREAT SITE! Also I came accross this at Malloy Funeral records on same site: Sallie Mae Byrd,daughter of Neal Byrd born 1923 and died November 19, 1927. Buried at Williams Cemetary. Malloy FH is in Newport. I have a Benjamin Neal Byrd in my family, so I occasionallycome accross info while browsing. Hope this helps.

Posted: 14 Jan 2003 5:25AM GMT
Edited: 6 Mar 2003 12:38AM GMT
Surnames: Byrd, Carpenter
What I have on a Mary Polly Byrd is that she was born in 1835 to a James Byrd b. in Tennessee abt. 1800 and a Nancy Carpenter. This is all the info I have on her father and mother.

Re: SEEKING TENNESSEE BYRDS

amy (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2004 5:57PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2004 10:15PM GMT
i am also seeking more byrds in TN. my great grandpa was william craig byrd, he lived in perry co TN , he married elmer leon(leona) barr. william craig died jan 26 1976. leona was born in lexington TN. williams parents were lawrence byrd and nora craig ?. (i dont know if that is her middle name or last) i that helps u let me know . if u have anything that u think would help me PLEASE let me know

thanks
amy

SEEKING TENNESSEE BYRDS

kristy (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2004 12:00AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2004 10:14PM GMT
Surnames: Bird,Byrd
Thoes names dont ring a bell but I will see if they match any names that I have found.

Kristy

Posted: 28 Oct 2004 2:16AM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2004 5:22PM GMT
Mary "Polly" Byrd was born May 10, 1823. Her father was William (Bill) Byrd. Their son Aaron Balem Dockery was my great grandfather. His son Zella Beecher Dockery was my grandfather and his son Irwin Stanley Dockery was my father.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions