Search for content in message boards

Wood Family of Michigan

Wood Family of Michigan

George Wood/Lucretia Reed (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2000 7:18AM GMT
George Wood b. 1808 in N.Y. to Lucretia Reed b. 1812. Daughter of David Reed Abigail Belknap. Would appreciate any help.
Lynne Jager

Wood Family in Michigan

Connie (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2000 5:31PM GMT
I am acquainted with the Wayne Wood Family in Michigan. They farm in Sanilac County, community of Marlette. I do not know if they are related to your search, but thought you might want that information.

I am searching for information about Frances Wood who was my great grandmother. She was married to Frazier Winfield Walker. They would have settled in Lee Twp., Calhoun County, Michigan, where he was a farmer or sawyer.

If you can be of any assistance, please let me know.

Wood/Reed

Bill Link (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2000 9:20AM GMT
Can't help with Wood line but if you need help with Lucretia let me know.
BillLink@Concentric.Net

Re: Wood Family in Michigan

karen (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 2001 7:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wood
Hello,I saw your post and would like to know if you have any info on the Wood's in Sanilac Co.
My Great Gramma ,Elma Wood Fairbrother Ketchum was born to Peter Wood and Jane McFarland Wood in Sanilac Co. in 1876. Thanks ,Lea

Posted: 25 Mar 2002 2:10PM GMT
For Connie and Karen:
This is what I have on my Wood's in Michigan. If you can connect to these folks I can help you further.
George C. Wood and wife, Elizabeth. married abt 1833.
Children: John, Benjamin, Ira, Nancy, William, Mary Jane, Harilla (Avarilla) and Richard.

Posted: 26 Mar 2002 6:07PM GMT
Edited: 16 Apr 2002 9:18PM GMT
Surnames: WOOD
I don't have anything specific on your family, but the name you are seeing: Harilla (Avarilla) is probably ORILLA, sometimes spelled Aurilla, which seems to be a Wood family name. Go back to Genesee County, New York and look for David WOOD and his wife Orilla PARKES. David goes back to Vermont. Your family may be connected to them. Many of the girls born after this couple married were named Orilla. Just a clue, but maybe it'll help. David dies there in 1860 and she goes to Michigan.

Clare, working on MARTIN WOOD family

Posted: 21 Feb 2004 3:05PM GMT
My Great grandfather is Mathinas George Wood Born in 1878, his parents were Peter and Elizabeth Jane McFarlane. His son Claude is my grandfather. If you have any information regarding Peter's father William I would love to hear it. I have extensive information on Peter's mother Lucinda Dean. Any information on the McFarlane's would also be welcome... I do have some from research.

Posted: 18 Apr 2005 3:58AM GMT
Hello,
I don't have anything to help you out. I'm looking for information on William Dean also. My husband descends from Peter's brother John.
I have the Deans, but nothing at all on the Woods in England.
Barb

Re: Wood Family of Michigan

Posted: 27 Dec 2010 6:29PM GMT
Hi, Lynne,
We are related and I posted before to you. Did you ever find any George Wood connections?

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 1:32AM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Walker, White
This is probably way to late given your 2000 post, but my great grandfather was Winfield Frazier Walker, who married Frances Wood. Their children were Frederick Leslie Walker and George Walker. My father, Joseph Frazier Walker, was the only child of Irene Alice White and Frederick Leslie Walker. George Walker moved to Iowa and I am in contact with his family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions