Search for content in message boards

Crane/Crance/Langford

Crane/Crance/Langford

Debbie Drake (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CRANE, CRANCE, LANGFORD
I am trying to find more information on a POLLY CRANE/CRANCE who married JOHN LANGFORD in Greenville SC in 1789. Polly's father was CHEIF WHOOPING CRANE a Cherokee Indian. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Mary "Polly" CRANE

Posted: 2 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2001 1:36PM GMT
Surnames: CRANE, LANGFORD
Mary "Polly" CRANE (born ca 1789 in South Carolina, died 18 October 1880 in prob. Overton or Jackson County, Tennessee) married John "Jack" Langford, Jr. in July 1812 in Greenville District, South Carolina [this comes from the pension papers Mary "Polly" Crane filled out for her to receive John Langfords pension from the War of 1812]
I have some more information on John Langfords father and brothers/sisters and also on John and Mary's children, who I am descendent of. I would love to share as there is a lot of differing opinions on this family.
Laura Reinan

Re: Crane/Crance/Langford

Posted: 6 Aug 2001 4:59PM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2002 5:21PM GMT
Debbie,

email me, I'd be interested in what updated information you have. I do have a John Lankford from GA, whom may have moved from SC.
thanks,
bob

Re: Mary "Polly" CRANE

Posted: 23 Jul 2007 12:54AM GMT
I see that this is an old post but if you are still around and researching this family, I would like to share information with you. Mary "Polly" Crane is my fourth great grandmother and I have information on descendants. I'm always looking for information on her parents and have had no luck! Please contact me if you would like to share/compare information.

Thanks,
Linda

Posted: 2 Aug 2007 8:07AM GMT
Surnames: Crane/Crain, Reeves, Mitchell, Ballenger
I have been searching for a Mary Polly Crain/Crane that according to her fathers will in 1842 was married to a Dill. Do you know anything of this person?

Posted: 2 Aug 2007 2:52PM GMT
Sorry ~ I have no knowledge of any Dill's in this family. Good luck with your search.

Posted: 5 Aug 2007 11:37AM GMT
Hi Linda -- I am still researching this family, however I have not made any more progress on Mary Crane. You can contact me directly at lauri6cr1 at aol.com.
Thank you,
Laura

Posted: 10 Oct 2007 3:39AM GMT
Does anyone know if Chief Whooping Crane had a grandson named Waren Crane b. 1831 in Pickens, SC?
Thanks

Posted: 22 Apr 2010 3:01PM GMT
Surnames: lankford/langford
Hi, my name is Carla Thompson and I live in Tennessee, only a hop, skip and a jump from Overton and Jackson County TN..
My 4th great grandparent are John "Jack" and Mary "Polly" Crane Langford.. I am researching this heritage and seen your post. Would you please help me. I am looking for photos, records anything in regards to this this history... I woud greatly appreciate any information you would share. Please contact me through e-mail. shhadowluv@yahoo.com or carla.thompson36@yahoo.com

Polly father is suppose to be Chief Whooping Crane...as you may already know. He signed a A Treaty of Peace and Friendship 1791.. Kunnochatutloh or the Crane... More information would be appreciated in regards to him or her mother.

Posted: 30 Jan 2011 11:01PM GMT
Surnames: Langford/Ramsey
I would also like information on Mary Polly Crane
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions