Search for content in message boards

Charles HOWARD buried Buninyong 1890

Charles HOWARD buried Buninyong 1890

Posted: 18 Feb 2012 4:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: COOKE - HOWARD - LEWIN - BOULDEN - SCAMMELL - NICHOLLS
Would like any information on this Charles HOWARD. I believe he may be connected to my research interests in Buninyong.

I interested in finding the Charles HOWARD who was married to Emily COOKE in 1865. Issue: David Charles, Rachel, Emily Hannah, George Henry, Jason, Mary Ann, Frederick, Blanche, Grace Mary, Fanny, William Henry, Charles, Francis Ernest.

Some members of this family relocated to Western Austalia around 1900-7.

Re: Charles HOWARD buried Buninyong 1890

Posted: 11 Mar 2012 5:39AM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2012 5:42AM GMT
Death reg. below for the Charles Howard who died at Buninyong, 1890.

Name: Chas Howard
Death Place: Booyong, Victoria
Father's Name: Jno
Mother's Name: Hannah Bovey
Registration Year: 1890
Registration Place: Victoria
Registration number: 14973
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1831

He left a will (search and view online by googling 'PROV Wills') which mentions wife Margaret, and three sons John, Charles and James.

Cheers, Anne

Posted: 17 Mar 2012 6:56AM GMT
Thanks Anne. It would appear this is not my Charles HOWARD. Will keep looking.

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 8:12PM GMT
Surnames: Howard
I came across your post on Google. I too am looking for information about him and cannot find out anything concrete about him apart from his marriage and children. Have you had any luck ? I am related to his youngest child.

Re: Charles HOWARD buried Buninyong 1886 born Hertfordshire, England abt 1834

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 7:10AM GMT
Surnames: HOWARD COOKE WENN
I understand this may be our Charles HOWARD
Admitted BALLARAT Hospital 5th October 1886
Born: HERTFORDSHIRE
Residence: BLAKEVILLE

This is a record for his son Frederick
Name: Fred HOWARD
Admitted BALLARAT Hospital 28th October 1890
Father's Occupation: Miner
Born: VICTORIA
Residence: BLAKEVILLE

Emily COOKE(wife of Charles) and her children left for Western Australia sometime after the death of Charles HOWARD.

Are you connected to Francis Ernest HOWARD who married Muriel WENN in Wellington, WA?

Happy to share information

Posted: 8 Jun 2013 9:42AM GMT
Hi Kimelle_1

Wondering if you had any luck. I am looking for information on a Jane Howard who was born in Hertfordshire in 1833 and died in Buninyong in 1908. I have her parents as George Howard and Sarah Howard (nee Wintler)but no other information. do you know if she is related to your Charles Howard

Posted: 9 Jun 2013 3:21AM GMT
Surnames: HOWARD
Hello

this needs deeper investigation however I think there may be a connection. Jane & Charles could be siblings.

I believe Jane HOWARD was born 1832 in Barley Hertfordshire (1841 census). Her father George was born 1786 and Sarah 1816. Both born Hertfordshire.

I checked the family search website and found the following issue for a George & Sarah HOWARD:

Benjamin christened 16/4/1826
William christened 18/7/1828
Jason christened 25/4/1830
Jane christened 10/6/1832 ..your Jane?
Charles christened 27/4/1834. (This could be my Charles)

There is a marriage for Jane HOWARD and Abraham BRIGHT on 25 March 1853 Barley Hertford.

Victorian Immigration records:
Abraham & Jane BRIGHT arrived 1855 in Victoria, Australia aboard Ravenscraig. No children listed as being on board.

Had no luck locating Charles HOWARD on immigration records.

cheers
Kim

Posted: 23 Aug 2013 6:00AM GMT
Hello. I believe the Charles Howard that you are referring to arrived on the 'EUPHRATES' into Sydney in 1855. I am doing research on my ancestors the Jacksons (specifically Joseph). Charles Howard was a witness on Joseph's marriage certificate at Geelong in 1859. Joseph Jackson also came from Barley in Hertfordshire and was a gardener at Buninyong. I shall be looking up some records at the NSW State archives sometime in the next month or two and was going to get a copy of Charles Howard's shipping record. My email address in castrobaglin@optusnet.com.au. I am happy to email you a copy when I get it.
regards Carol Baglin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions