Search for content in message boards

Chicago Tribune Obituary Archives

Chicago Tribune Obituary Archives

Helen Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2005 5:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Would anyone have access to the Chicago Tribune Obituary archives?

Re: Chicago Tribune Obituary Archives

Posted: 25 Sep 2008 8:25PM GMT
Hello,
I am an active Chicago Tribune Archive researcher. If you have something to find I'll be glad to try and locate it.

Posted: 2 Mar 2009 7:21PM GMT
If you are still active, I need an obit for
Frank Mazzuca, who died in 1938.

Posted: 4 Mar 2009 2:24AM GMT
Hello

I am curious on your posting. Mazzucca/Mazzuca/Mazucca is my maiden name. Our line came from San Martino di Finita-- well that is where my grandfather and his parents were born at least- the name originated in Melfi. I was curious if you have sibling of your line or you would be willing swap information. My great grandfather was Nicolo (DOB 1862)Mazzuca/Mazzucca his parents Gaetano and Gaetana (Mariato), Gaetano was married two times. He has 8 children total; Francesco, Nicolo, Micheangelo, Pasquale, Concetta, and I can't remember the others off the top of my head.

Posted: 4 Mar 2009 6:15PM GMT
My paternal grandfather is Francesco (Frank) Mazzuca, born 1870, who immigrated to Chicago in 1908. His sons, Antonio (born 1896) and Angelo (born 1898), followed him later (Uncle Angelo listed San Fili as his hometown on the Ellis Island papers, but I have also seen Rovito listed for other relatives; there are also Mazzucas in Rende and Montalto Uffugo).

We are the Chicago Mazzucas who lived in the Taylor Street area from the turn of the century through the early 1950s, when the neighborhood was destroyed for development. Where is your family located?

Don't know if Grandpa came on a banana boat or what, but I can't find any trace of his or Tony's immigration records on Ellis Island -- I'm currently trying to find that, and/or birth/marriage information -- unfortunately, not possible without knowing his hometown.

Feel free to check out my family tree on Ancestry -- hope it helps.

Posted: 5 Mar 2009 12:59PM GMT
Hello

My line came through Ellis Island in 1898- Nicolo that is his manifast said he was going to Hillville (not sure where that is) but his wife FIlomena and Luigi (my grandfather) came in May 1900. They settled in Inwood VIllage, NY then I can't find them in 1910 then in 1920 Nicolo is remarried o Serafina and they are living in Flushing, NY. That is where my father and his siblings were born. Have you tried Castle Garden search engine. They sometimes have good earlier records. I corresponded with a Francesco in Northern Italy who was born in Rovito. I wonder if he is a relative. My direct email mmpa1169@yahoo.com. I will look over the letter when I get home tonight.

Posted: 15 Apr 2009 8:38PM GMT
I finally got smart and found my grandfather's death certificate. His parents are listed as Antonio Mazzuca and Ursula Plastine from Rende.

Let me know if it rings a bell.

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 4:10AM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2012 4:35AM GMT
Surnames: Mazzuca, Iusi, Pellegrino
Actually, my G. Grandfather Francesco Mazzuca was born 3 Nov 1874 in Rovito, Father was Rosario Mazzuca born 4 Oct 1845 in Montalto Uffugo, and Mother Maria Iusi born 15 Sept 1844 in Rovito. He married Barbara Pellegrino in 1901 in Rovito. and they had 2 sons, Salvatore, Rosario, 3 daughters Maria born in the Bronx, Rosina born in Rovito, and Antoinetta. On an application for a passport to return to U.S. Rosario states that he was staying with an Uncle in San Filli in 1908 before returning to New York. Rosario and his wife Corinda lived in Westchester NY. and one son Frank.
Anyone have anymore info on any of Francesco's Mazzuca's family? "Frank" also had relatives in Chicago ...

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 5:10AM GMT
Surnames: Mazzuca
Please e-mail me at

dom257@sympatico.ca

I'm a Mazzuca from Toronto Canada ,my grand dad had 3 brothers that lived in Chicago and a sister that moved to California.

I remember my dad having uncles, Antonio, Alberto and Angelo Mazzuca from Chicago, they visited us in the 1960's

I think we are related.

Thank you

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 5:17AM GMT
Surnames: mazzuca
Please e-mail me at

dom257@sympatico.ca

I'm a Mazzuca from Toronto Canada ,my grand dad had 3 brothers that lived in Chicago and a sister that moved to California.

I remember my dad having uncles, Antonio, Alberto and Angelo Mazzuca from Chicago, they visited us in the 1960's

I think we are related.

Thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions