Search for content in message boards

Henry Emerson/Emmerson

Henry Emerson/Emmerson

Posted: 28 May 2000 2:41PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 12:54AM GMT
I am looking for info on my gggrandfather, Henry Emmerson. He was born in south Carolina in 1810 and died in Attala Co., MS in 1865. He had a first wife and family in Tennessee. When he ended up in Mississippi, he married Christina Catherine ?. Anybody have him in their family tree?

Henry Emerson-SC Emersons

Bob Emerson (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2000 9:12PM GMT
Maybe we are related -my GGGrandfather was William McCurdy Emerson born 1818 in SC -Abbeville area. His older brother Henry moved to Alabama and as their mother Mary was dead, he took William along. William ended up in MS -so maybe Henry did too. The thing is, I believe our Henry was older than yours, but there are strong similarities in the migration, huh?? Let me know what you think. -Bob

Emersons from SC to Alabama

Posted: 31 Jan 2001 1:29PM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2002 9:43PM GMT
My Emerson ancestor was Harvey McDaniel Emerson. He was born about 1812 in Spartansburg, SC. Those of us researching this line believe his father's name was Henry. This line also migrated to Alabama. Wonder is we are related? Every hear of my Harvey?

Re: Henry Emerson/Emmerson

Posted: 14 Apr 2002 5:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Emmerson, Baldwin, McMeans
I found Henry Emmerson on the 1850 US Census in Mississippi. One of his children is Martha A. who was age 15. Martha married William Baldwin and they are my gggrandparents. I know very little about this line...but am searching. This is my first breakthrough on Martha's parents.
Martha and William Baldwin had a daughter, Martha Jane who married Amos Jasper McMeans. Their daughter Nola was my grandmother. Would love to share information with you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic