Search for content in message boards

HARKINS,Thom,Abagail NC to GA.

HARKINS,Thom,Abagail NC to GA.

Posted: 16 May 2001 10:52PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 8:45AM GMT
My Thomas Harkins b. SC, m. Abagail? Seeking info on both. Thomas had sons, Benj. and Berkie who moved to GA. early 1800's. Union Co. and Fannin Co. GA. My e-mail address is sandyhv46@hotmail.com any info much appreciated.

Re: HARKINS,Thom,Abagail NC to GA.

Posted: 12 Oct 2001 12:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Aug 2002 8:38PM GMT
Sandy&Fred Vereen, I have an ancestor named Thomas Harkins m.Suzanne ? - moved to Habersham Co. GA late 1700's or very early 1800's - started Bethlehem Baptist Church in Clarkesville, Habersham Co. GA in 1806. My Brother John Harkins was shown a grave headstone marked John Harkins died 1802. We cannot find anything else yet. I will talk to him and see if he can check out more at the Library and land records. He has gotten interested now. Its possible that your Thomas is my Thomas' son or uncle or cousin. Melba Harkins Pierce - e-mail me at melcpierce@netscape.net...

MARTHA GRAY (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2001 4:11AM GMT
HELLO, AND AM GLAD TO SEE YOUR POST, MY GRANDMOTHER WAS THE GREAT- GRANDDAUGHTER OF THOMAS HARKINS AND ABIGAL,,,, I AM ONE OF THE YOUNGEST OF HER GRANDCHILDREN,,, MY GRANDMOTHER CAME TO TEXAS IN A COVERED WAGON FROM ALABAMA IN THE EARLY 1900' WHEN SHE WAS A YOUNG CHILD,,,,,THE ONLY WAY THAT I KNEW OF THE HARKINS CONNECTION WAS A PHOTO FOUND IN HER BELONGINGS OF A GENTLEMAN,,ON THE BACK IT SAYS LONNIE HARKINS, THEN YEARS LATER I OBTAINED A COPY OF HER MOTHERS DEATH CERTIFICATE THAT NAMED MARTHA ELLEN HARKINS(BURNETT) PARENTS AS AUSTIN HARKINS AND VINIE MILSAP,,,THIS INFO WAS GIVEN BY HER WIDOWER HUSBAND AND WAS NOT TOTALLY COMPLETE BUT IT WAS ENOUGH,,,I AM HAPPY TO MAKE THE AQUAINTANCE OF HARKINS DESCENDANT AS I HAVE KEPT THIS PHOTO SINCE HER DEATH ON 1971,,I LIVE IN TEXAS AND AM ONE OF MY GRANDMOTHERS 19 GRANDCHILDREN,,I AM 47 YEARS OLD,,,,WE HAVE A BURNETT FAMILY REUNION IN ROME OR DALTON GEORGIA AND WOULD LOVE TO SEE ANY OF MY HARKINS RELATIVES THERE,,, IT IS ON MEMORIAL WEEKEND EVERY YEAR, I BELIEVE THAT IT WILL BE IN DALTON GEORGIA THIS YEAR,,, HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON MARTHA GRAY

Posted: 14 Oct 2001 2:07AM GMT
Edited: 11 Apr 2002 11:15PM GMT
I have a Thomas Lewis Harkins born in Union County, GA. in 1876. He married Louella Jane Shepherd (1877-1941). His father was William A. Harkins. His mother was Eliza Sarah Shope. Thomas Lewis Harkins is buried in Gordon County, GA. This is my wife's great-grandfather.

Posted: 11 Jul 2002 4:33AM GMT
My name is Lois Davis.. I am the gggg grandaughter of Thomas and Abigal Harkins. My ggg grandparents were John Harkins and Rachael Young, gg grandparents were Thomas S. and Nancy Taylor, g grandparents Newton and Frannie Sophronia Stamey, ggrandparents Dennis and Pearl Christopher.I have a lot of info. Lois Davis alpineway@msn.com

Posted: 23 Sep 2002 2:43AM GMT
My ggggrandfather was born in South Carolina in 1776, his name is Robert Harkins, I have on record that his father was Thomas Harkins I have no dates on him could we be conected?

Posted: 15 Nov 2002 5:55AM GMT
William was one of Thomas and Abigail Harkins sons. They lived in Union Co. Ga. They were gggg grandparents.
I have some info. Lois Davis alpineway@msn.com

Posted: 2 Mar 2010 11:43PM GMT
Hello from north Georgia. I am the gggranddaughter of Hugh Harkins. I am trying to find a cousin of mine . Her name is Maxine Jones Mitchell. Her daughter is Sandra Vereen. I haven't heard from Sandra in a very long time. if anyone has her email address, please let her know I am trying to find both Maxine and Sandy Vereen. PJ moomoo@tds.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic