Search for content in message boards

George Boon/Elizabeth Apple Philadelphia brick wall

George Boon/Elizabeth Apple Philadelphia brick wall

Posted: 3 Jan 2011 4:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boon, Apple or Apel, Appel, Smith, Chrisman, Crissman etc
My family's brick wall is George Boon, born Oct 13, 1813 married Elizabeth Mary Apple, born about April 1815. These are the parents of:
Joseph Parr Boon
Mary Ann Boon
George Boon
Williamson Boon
Jacob H. Boon
Charles Boon
Harrison Boon
Emma Virginia Boon
Jennie E. Boon

George Boon was a blacksmith, found living in South Mulberry, in 1840 Phila census. Appears to have married daughter of Jacob Boon and Mary Ann Crissman or Cressman.
Death record of George Boon shows Thomas ? - for father -
no mother listed.

Have reached a brick wall, trying to find parents of George Boon. Have searched online records on children of George and Elizabeth Boon - who married Smith siblings (parents
George Smith and Deborah Jones) - but cannot find marriage
records of these, nor can I find marriage record of George Boon/Elizabeth Apple.

Have searched census records, and still have not found any clues. Have gone to Mt. Moriah cemetery and hacked through the weeds/bushes and found tombstones - but these have no clues.

Appears the Smith siblings were of Quaker descent.

Have found City directory info on Jacob Apple, George Smith, tax assessment records - but still no clues as to where to search further.

Need help on where to focus efforts on possible information.

Re: George Boon/Elizabeth Apple Philadelphia brick wall

Posted: 3 Jan 2011 11:05PM GMT
Sounds like you need to do on-site research, perhaps into BOON tax or probate records.

Posted: 4 Jan 2011 12:30AM GMT
Surnames: Boon, Boone, Appel, Apple, Chrisman, Cressman, Smith
Thanks for your kindness in responding to my brick wall problem.
I've looked at what was available on ancestry - but what tax assessment info is on there is very limited. Do you mean there might be other places for me to write to get more information from tax records? I've been to Philadelphia to when I went to Mt Moriah and chopped through the weeds - and the help in their cemetery office is
not willing to give any info about what might be in their records - so all I have to go on is the Phila death certificates.

Do you know where I write in Philadelphia to see if there was a probate for George or Elizabeth?

Posted: 23 Apr 2013 9:21PM GMT
My great-grandfather was Joseph parr boon ,my family has been researching our family tree for some time now,my cousin had had hired someone to research and you are welcome to information we have.please email me

Posted: 23 Apr 2013 9:25PM GMT
Hello,omg I see you are at the brick wall,came across picture of Joseph parr boon picture of him at 18 years old email me so I can send it to you

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 3:21PM GMT
Surnames: Boon
What way is the best way to reach you - I don't have your email address and would love to connect with you. I have also have more information. Joseph Parr Boon had a son, Joseph Parr Boon Jr. From what I can tell, he was taken care of by family, until about his 60's and then by an institution - which eventually became Inglis House.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions