Search for content in message boards

Chandlers in Penobscot Co. Me

Chandlers in Penobscot Co. Me

Posted: 28 Dec 2001 3:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chandler
Please excuse my last message which left out all pertinent information. Perhaps too much Christmas cheer. I would welcome any assistance in trying to locate my G grandfathers place of birth. His name was Elmer Augusta (augustus?) Chandler born Jan. 10, 1860 in Maine and died April 30, 1944 in Spokane Washington. HIs father was Elbridge Chandler (born in Foxcroft Dover May 18 1827 ) and mother was Caroline Adora Foot , she was born about 1836 in Maine. I'm trying to locate Elmers place of birth but have had no luck in dover foxcroft area and I did discover that his brother frank was born in 1861 in Farmingdale so maybe that is his birth place. Any information is appreciated.
Susan C.Silva in Snowy Spokane Washington

Re: Chandlers in Penobscot Co. Me

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 6:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi ! Susan, Maybe you remember me, but it's been a couple of years since we last talked. I am still on the prowl for finding any clue about my father, Joe Buster Chandler b. 1899 in Spokane, WA. You sent me a picture of Elmer and a couple of his son's that lived in the same general areaa I think my father was raised. The Elbridge Chandler, son of Elmer looks a lot like one of my brothers. Also I saw a photo of Arthur, Elmer's brother that looks a lot like my dad. These could be relatives of my father, but I suppose I will never know unless some male line of this family takes a DNA test and it relates to my 37 marker test.
Anyway, I wonder if you have any more information on Arthur or Elmer or his brothers, I would sure like to hear back from you again. BTW - I think I have a obit on Elmer and some of his son's if you don't have them I would be glad to send you a scan.

Best regards, Dave - Famsource on AOL.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic