Search for content in message boards

Photos from Chatham School of Nursing

Photos from Chatham School of Nursing

Maureen (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2006 3:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edith ( Beecroft) Turner graduated from the Chatham General Hospital School of Nursing in the early to mid 1930's. She worked in Detroit Michigan in the maternity ward until she had to give up her career to go home to nurse her dying father. She was from Iona Station, Southwold Township, Elgin County. In her estate was found four ,photos in photographer's mounts, of women who were her friends at the nursing school. However there are no names on the photos, just the name of the photographer ( Westlake, Chatham). I am attaching these photos to this message and hope you can identify them for me. I would love to return them to the families, or a group that would take care of them.
Attachments:

Re: Photos from Chatham School of Nursing

Posted: 16 Oct 2006 11:52PM GMT
Dear Maureen

May I have your permission to copy your post and photos and put them on the Kent Co. GenWeb site? Perhaps a descendant will find them there!

Lorine
Kent Co. GenWeb host
http://www.rootsweb.com/~onkent/

Maureen (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2006 3:32PM GMT
Permission granted. Hope they find their families!

Posted: 8 Feb 2007 10:34AM GMT
My grandmother graduated the Chatham School of nursing in the 1930's as well. I am thinking it was 1938 but I am not sure. She might be able to help you have not recieve help already

Posted: 9 Feb 2007 2:43PM GMT
If you have not heard from anyone about the photos, I may be able to help.

I have a friend who has been involved with the Public General Hospital Alumni for a long time -- she is out of the country right now, but I could contact her when she gets back.

Posted: 10 Feb 2007 3:29PM GMT
Thanks to everyone for the ideas and help. I contacted the Kent County branch of the OGS, then sent them the originals. I believe they have identified all but one of the women in the photos. I hope that they are able to reunite them with the families.
By the way, the date I had of graduation was incorrect, have since learned it was the early 1940's.

Posted: 9 Sep 2010 6:21PM GMT
Hi Maureen,
The woman on the far right is my mother, Louise Jackman. I know that photo well! If you e-mail me, I will send you my address, as I would be happy to give the photo a loving home.

Many thanks.

Joan Sheppard

Posted: 14 Sep 2010 9:00PM GMT
So glad to know the name of at least one of these beautiful young women. I have sent the original to the Kent County Branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society. Please contact them and I am sure that they will be glad to re-unite you with the photo. Their email is on the OGS website under Branches. Thanks for contacting me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic