Search for content in message boards

Bodney Hall in Norfolk - DOWNES family

Bodney Hall in Norfolk - DOWNES family

Posted: 23 Mar 2008 6:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Mar 2011 2:01PM GMT
Surnames: Downes
I'm looking for an illustration of Bodney Hall in Norfolk which was pulled down in about 1820.

Also anyone researching the Downes family of Bodney Hall.

Re: Bodney Hall - Downes family

Posted: 6 Jun 2008 2:01PM GMT
Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but i have some sale details on Bodney Hall . There were a alrge family of Downes family at Thompson and also reference to a Downes working at Wretham Hall.

Posted: 15 Jun 2008 12:11PM GMT
Surnames: Downes
Hi I would love to know any details on Bodney Hall. I did find a reference saying that it had been demolished but someone else said it was still standing today.

I can be reached at rachel60 [at] gmail.com

Thankyou.

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 5:52AM GMT
Hi
I believe I am a decendant of Downes of Bodney
down the line from Edmund Downe
I am listed in Genes Reunited
regards
Jo-Anne Downes

Posted: 16 Mar 2011 9:05PM GMT
I am not researching the Downes family but would be interested in any information you may have on the existence of the Nunnery at Bodney Hall Farm. The site is still visible as are the fishponds. Do any etchings or engraving of the Nunnery exist.

I live two miles away at Little Cressingham

John Davies

Posted: 21 Jul 2012 8:46AM GMT
I recently visited Bodney Hall Farmhouse as I have ancestors in the local churchyard. I was told that Bodney Hall suffered a serious fire in the 1800s and the remains were demolished. My ancestors were SAYER.

Re: Bodney Hall in Norfolk - DOWNES family

Posted: 25 Jul 2012 1:52AM GMT
Recently went through some of my archives and found a picture of Bodney Hall and also surrounding building, quite a place at one time...

Posted: 27 Jul 2012 10:47AM GMT
I would love to see it - is there any chance you could scan and upload it or email it to me?

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 4:34AM GMT
I would love to see it, any chance you can scan and send to me?
many thanks
Jo

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 8:23PM GMT
My interest lies with the Palmer family who may have lived there. This is what I have as a reference:-....‘On Tuesday last at Tuddenham, by the Reverend James Jinkin, 'Thomas Grimwood Burt' to Mrs Palmer widow of the late Mr Frederick Palmer of Bodney Hall and Southacre’.
Does anyone know if Frederick Palmer actually lived at the Hall? As far as I can tell it would have been about 1820 and someone reckons that was when the house burnt down. I would also be delighted to see any engraving or details of the house if anyone could help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions