Long Family in Pike, Sterliing Twp, Brown County, OH/Williamsburg, Clermont County, OH
Hi, I am interested in any information about the LONG family from Pike/Sterling Township, Brown County, OH, specifically Thomas Long and his descendants. Thomas Long (age 40-50) is last found in the 1830 Pike Township, Brown County, OH census (in 1820, he was located in Williamsburg, Clermont County, OH.) I believe he died between 1830-1840...I have information from searching the internet that his wife, Elizabeth Long, remarried Smith Simpkins (possibly 1838 in Clemont County, OH.)
From studying census records, I believe the following were children of Thomas and Elizabeth Long:
1. David B. Long (b. about 1818 in Pa, married Delilah Norris, 1838 according to an IGI file--this IGI file also lists David B. Long as d. 1901, buried New Harmony Cemetery, Brown County, OH) His son, Smith J. Long (d. 1878 at age 37, married Mary Ellen Erhardt, is buried in New Harmony Cemetery.)
2. Washington Long (b. about 1819 in OH, married Caroline (maiden name Ketchum?), last found in 1860 Batavia, Clermont County, OH)
3. Mary Ann Long (from an Ancestry Family Tree, Mary Ann Long was b. 1821, married John L. Newberry (Newbrey), d. 1907 in Smith County, KS)
4. Joseph R (Raper/Roper?) Long (b. Mary 1823 in OH, married Lydia A. Newberry, d. ?, last located in the 1900 Sterling Township, Brown County, OH census)
5. Daniel E. Long (b. May 1825, married Eliza ? about 1850, d. 1903, buried New Harmony Cemetery)
6. Edwin S (Smith) Long (b. 1829, married Caroline ?, d. 1864, buried New Harmony Cemetery)
7. Henry J. Long (b. December 1832, m. Hester A. ?, d. 1906, buried New Harmony Cemetery)
Any information that could be provided or any direction you can point me to research this family further would be greatly appreciated....Thomas Long, I believe, may be a brother to my husband's 4x's ggrandfather, Jacob B. Long (b. about 1786, d. 1867 in Bullskin Township, Fayette County, PA.)
Thank you for your time,
Re: Long Family in Pike, Sterliing Twp, Brown County, OH/Williamsburg, Clermont County, OH
Were you able to learn any more about this family? I am wondering whether this family connects to our Barbara N Long, born 1826 near Georgetown, Brown County, Ohio. Our Barbara was married in 1844 in Summit County, Ohio and I can't figure out how she would have been there, but maybe you have a clue.
Barbara eventually ended up in Whitley County, Indiana. There is a Thomas Long there who died in 1839, I believe it was. I can't find a trace of his family unless Barbara was a daughter.I don't know whether this Thomas could be the same Thomas you are looking for. Barbara's second son was named Thomas, and Thomas is not a name used in the father's (Benjamin Buchtel) family, so it seems interesting.
Let me know what you think.
Janice in Indiana
Janice in Indiana