Search for content in message boards

MUISE ~ MUISE

MUISE ~ MUISE

Posted: 30 May 2009 12:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Muise, Deveau
both of my grandparents were Muise from Yarmouth, NS and I am having difficulity locating information about their families...
My grandmother,Marjorie Elizabeth Muise b. June 25, 1925, had 16 brothers and sisters (Ivy, Irvin, Charlotte, Benjamin, Ronald, Bradford, Sylvia, Ernest, Kathleen, Vivian, Marie, Natalie, Jacqueline, Paul, David, Gertrude (died as an infant) their parents were Thomas Muise and Frances Deveau. (Thomas parents were Samuel & Sylvia, and Frances' parents were Samuel & Charlotte)

My grandfather (Donald Joseph Muise, b.Dec 27, 1923) had 8 brothers and sisters (Leonard, Edward, Norman, Frederick, Bernice, Dorothy, Catherine (Annie) and Alfred) their parents were Edward Muise and Minnie Augusta Ellis

This is all the information I have so far. I don't even know middle names of the siblings or birthdates. Any information that anyone has would be greatly appreciated...looking forward to meeting relatives.

Re: MUISE ~ MUISE

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 1:10PM GMT
Surnames: MUISE & MUISE
I don't have much info but will give you what I have found:
Thomas WIlliam Muise s/o Samuel Muise/Sylvia Saulnier- married 1/Feb/1915 at St. Ambrose Church, Yarmouth, N.S.
He was listed as age 21 yrs.
Frances Deveau age 18 yrs d/o Benjamin Deveau/Charlotte Boudreau
The only children's bapt. I could find are as follows:
(1) Mary Ivitte (Yvette) Muise b. 15/Apr/1915
[she died: 11/May/1933 age 18 yrs, single. She is listed as Ivy May Muise. Father Thomas Muise b. Yarmouth and mother listed as Frances Deveau b. Pinkney's Point, Yar.Co., N.S.
Buried at St. Ambrose Cemetery, Yarmouth, N.S.

(2) John Irven Thomas Muise b. 30/Apr/1917 s/o Thomas Wm. Muise and Frances Jane Deveau.

(3) William Muise b. 3/July/1918 s/o Thomas Muise & Frances Deveau [married 12/June/1939 to Eleanor LeBlanc] I checked the wedding and found listed : Bradford William Muise married Marie Eleanor LeBlanc dau. Alexander LeBlanc/Marie Alma Deveau.
Cemetery records showed the following:
Thomas W. Muise 1894 - 1965
Frances J. 1897-1985 wife of Thomas W. Muise

Hope this is of some help, let me know. I will check the grandfather side and see what I can find.

Posted: 27 Oct 2009 12:34PM GMT
thanks so much for the information...It will definately be a great start for locating the Muises for me.

Debbie

Posted: 30 Oct 2009 1:08AM GMT
I have a little info on Norman Muise's family. He was married to Grace Davis. She was born 10 March 1916 in Quinan, Yarmouth Co., N.S., d/o Henry Davis & Minnie Nickerson. She died 01 Sept. 2007, Tidal View Manor, Yarmouth, N.S. Norman predeceased her by quite a number of years. Interred Our Lady of Calvary Cemetery, Yarmouth, N.S. Children; Joseph, William, James Donald aka "Mickey"
Catherine "Sissy" m. James Letemplier, Ann Wallace m. Donald [decease], Barbara m. Winston Sabean, Debbie m. Terry Nickerson, Marjorie m. David Crosby. [Sweeny's Funeral Home, Yarmouth]........ Catherine "Sissy" Letemplier born 07 March 1938; died 16 March 2009, Yarmouth, Hosp.; interred Our Lady of Calvary Cemetery; d/o
Grace Davis & Norman Muise; m. James Letemplier; children Kevin, Carl, Greg, Shelia m. Herbie Malone. [Sweeny's Funeral Home, Yarmouth. I hope this will help you in your search.

Posted: 26 Jan 2010 4:26PM GMT

Posted: 15 Apr 2010 9:03PM GMT
Surnames: Muise Smith Leblanc
I have some information for William Muise.

William Muise (son of Sam Muise and Sylvia)was born March 1889.
He married Catherine "Kate" Smith, born 7 Mar 1893, (daughter of Bernard Smith and Adele Leblanc) on 27 Jun 1911.

Also, you should check out this site, https://www.novascotiagenealogy.com/, it's been a gold mine for me when researching my family in Nova Scotia.

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 2:24AM GMT
Surnames: Muise Saulnier
Let me expand my original post.

Sam Muise (b. Dec 1867) and Sylvia Saulnier (b. Feb 1867) had 5 children:

- Jannett Muise (b. May 1888)
- William Muise (b. March 1889)
- Nettie Muise (b. Feb 1892)
- Thomas Muise (b. Feb 1894)
- Lena Muise (b. Oct 1895)

So your grandmother's father, Thomas Muise, had 3 sisters and 1 brother. The information about William Muise in my original post was Thomas' brother.

Posted: 9 May 2010 6:56PM GMT
I am submitting the info on Vivian Muise-Smith's obituary. *condensed version*
Vivian Rose Muise 82,Plymouth, Yarmouth Co., Nova Scotia was born 17 July 1927; died 07 May 2010 in the Yarmouth Hospital after a lengthy battle with cancer. She was a daughter of the late Thomas William & Frances Jane [Deveau] Muise. Surviving is her husband Carl W. Smith; sons, Ernest J.[Gloria] Samms, Deerfield; John J. [Charlene] Samms, Hebron; daughters, Darlene A. [Edward] LeBlanc, Wedgeport; Claudette L. [Shawn] Doucette, Amirault's Hill; brothers, Ernest Muise, Paul Muise both of Yarmouth; David Muise, Wellington; Harvey Muise, New York; sisters, Lottie [Charles]Robicheau, Marjorie Muise, Sylvia Jacquard & Jackie Doucette all of Yarmouth, She was predeceased by; daughter, Gail M. Surette, great grandson, Nigel Surette; brothers, Bradford, Ronald, Benny, & Irvin; sisters, Ivy, Gertrude, Kay, Nettie & Marie. Funeral services 11 May, St. Ambrose Cathedral, Yarmouth. Interment to follow, Our Lady of Calvary Cemetery. Huskilson's Funeral Home, Yarmouth
Vivian was married 3 times... first husband & father of her children was Burton Samms; second husband was Roy Muise. I hope this info helps you trace other family members in your search for your "roots".

Posted: 12 May 2010 2:10PM GMT
Just recently began searching Muise. Was the Lena Muise mentioned in your post the same one married to William Fells? Had son Roy who married Elizabeth Muise. Roy and Eliz. had son Loran Fells who m. Jessie Waye. Had son David to whom I was married until his death in 1988. We had one son. I would like to explore more of the Muise family line.I would appreciate any information available. Thanks.

Posted: 13 May 2010 2:50AM GMT
I am not sure on the Lena Muise...I haven't been able to find any information on her yet
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions