Search for content in message boards

William F. Thompson born 1850

William F. Thompson born 1850

Anna (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2006 5:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Thompson
I am seeking information on William F. Thompson born in or about 1850, lived in Burnet County Texas. We believe that he died in 1928, would like to have an obituary on him if printed in the Burnet or Marble Falls newspapers. Thank you.

Re: William F. Thompson born 1850

Posted: 13 Sep 2006 12:33PM GMT
Anna,
There is a William Thompson, b. 1850, d. 1928, buried in Pleasant Valley Cemetery, but no other dates are in the cemetery listing in "Burnet County Cemeteries, 1852-1982", by the Burnet County Historical Commission.

You should be able to obtain his death certificate from the county clerk and find the exact date of death. That way, I can look up the obit for you.

Sincerely,
JoAnn

Posted: 7 Nov 2006 9:35PM GMT
Records of the Burnet County Clerk's Office, Burnet, Texas indicate that W. P. Thompson died 6 Jun 1928 at Pleasant Valley, Burnet County, TX. He was born 23 Jun 1849.
(Death Record Vol. 3, page 116)

Teresa Penny (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2006 5:35PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. My mother-in-law was looking this up via my request. She recently passed away (last Thursday) and I will be keeping up with all the family history / genealogy now. I appreciate your looking this up for us. Do you think you will be able to find an obituary?? If you can, then maybe you could email me directly. My name is Teresa Penny and my email address is tpenny@tol-tx.com
Thank you so much
Teresa

Posted: 19 Nov 2006 12:43AM GMT
An obituary for William P. Thompson was located in the June 14, 1928 issue of the Marble Falls Messenger, Vol. XXX, No. 5.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions