Search for content in message boards

Musilek

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 1:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Apr 2013 1:02AM GMT
Looking for the birth of Joseph Musilek, born about 1871-1872. Probably in the Herman, Jerisno, Malec, or Sec towns.
These are not yet digitized on the Zamrsk archive site. Joseph's father was John/Jan/Johann. Mother was Mary/Maria or Frantiska( Maiden name Filip).
Siblings should be Vincenz, b. about 1861, and Marie, b. about 1865.
Anyone going to the state archives in Zamrsk?
Many thanks for your time and talent.
Jean Tvrdy
Posted: 24 Sep 2013 3:47PM GMT
Classification: Census
Surnames: Musilek
My grandmother was a Musilek and immigrated to US in 1907. She was from Jerisno.
I have census records for the Musilek house in Jerisno. Yes there were Joseph Musileks but
the birth years are not close to 1871. My grandfather was from Sec. If you want to correspond
my e-mail is fconn2@embarqmail.com
Frank

Re: Musilek

Posted: 25 Sep 2013 1:56AM GMT
Hello Frank, thank you for your reply. I wonder if my Musilek's tie in with yours? How did you find them on census? Are you able to find the church records for Jerisno on line. I believe Jerisno is in Havlickuv Brod. Jean
Posted: 25 Sep 2013 5:55AM GMT
Jean
I have my mother's birth certificate which tells me the address of her grandparents . I have no church records. They were Catholic and attended church in Chotebore.
About 7 years ago I found a man on line that visited a friend for two or three months in the area about every other year.
I gave him the info from the birth certificate and he was able to find the census records for the
addresses at the archive. Since he stayed for so long the archive made copies and sent it
to his address in the Czech Republic. At the time he was not allowed to make copies at the
archive and they would not send any outside the country. What I got from him was a copy and
a translated copy for a number of the census years for the that address. In the case of the Musileks I found that the family farm was always passed to the eldest son. I could not trace siblings as there was no index and I had no access.
Frank

Re: Musilek

Posted: 25 Sep 2013 12:41PM GMT
Thank you Frank for that information. I'll have to wait until that area comes on line. I think sometimes in 2014. Thanks for you input.
Jean
Posted: 26 Sep 2013 2:02PM GMT
Jean
I looked at what I have and found parish records from the archive in Zamrsk. There
was a note that said in 2001 there were 19 musileks listed in the combined local
directory of Jerisno, Chatebor and Malek. I had to wonder how I got maiden names as
they are not in the census. This info does tell you that there are parish books at the Zamrsk
archive for this area.
Frank
per page

Find a board about a specific topic