Search for content in message boards

Irishtown

Irishtown

Paul Specht (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Donohue, Donahue
Still looking for info on an Edward Donohue/Donahue who migrated from Emmyvale, in County Monahan, Ireland to the Moncton area and settled in Irishtown in approximately 1832. He & wife Mary had a son James - born in Moncton in 1832. They had other children including a son Edward - born in 1843 in Irishtown. Any info would be appreciated.

Donahue & Kervin

Paul Specht (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Donahue, Donohue, Kervin, McKelvie
Hi Bill
I had about given up on any responses to my posting. Thanks for the reply.
I have some of the same info you listed but very little of it is verified in any way. My wife's grandfather was John James Donahue - born November 22, 1880. He married Ida Rachel Kervin - born Feb. 18, 1887. She is one of 5 sisters that Thomas Kervin (who married Alice Donahue) had.
I also have another daughter of Edward Donahue & Catherine McKelvie (Susan, born Nov. 14, 1877).
I also have conflicting spellings for the Donahue/Donohue/Donohoe surname.
Most of the info I have comes from a cousin of my wife who was in Irishtown this past September for the dedication of a monument in tribute to the early Irish settlers.
Perhaps we could exchange some data and try to fill in gaps - I use FamilyTreeMaker software but the data can be converted to other formats.

Donohue,Donahue

Posted: 26 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2002 9:12AM GMT
Surnames: Donahue, McKelvie, Kervin, Miller
Hi Paul On my wife's side we have Edward Donahue married to Catherine McKelvie. They had 8 children.
Mary Jane 1875
Margaret 1876
Hugh 1879
John 1880

Alice 1882 my wife's grandmother
Edward 1885
Laura 1886
Gertrude 1887
Alice married Thomas Kervin. They lived in Irishtown.

Posted: 27 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2002 9:12AM GMT
Surnames: donahue, kervin
Hi. I have some information on the Kervins and Donahue but not to many that are confirmed.Let me know what you are looking for and I'll see what I can do. I also have Family Tree Maker so it's not that much work to send you what I have.

Re: Donahue & Kervin

Posted: 27 Jul 2004 11:43PM GMT
Surnames: Donahoe and Conwell
Hi,
I have been researching my mother's family from Westmoreland County for a few years now. Her great grandmother was Susan Donahoe, the sister of Owen Donahoe who lived in Irishtown next to Edward and Catherine Donahoe in 1881. Owen's parents were Edward Donahoe and Mary McQuade. Susan had a son Daniel Conwell who also lived in Irishtown until 1893 when he emigrated to Salem, Mass. Do you have any info on the Donahoes or Conwells? Where in Ireland were they from. Thanks in advance.

Re: Donohue,Donahue

Posted: 27 Jul 2004 11:53PM GMT
Hi,
My great,great grandmother was Susan Donahoe Conwell who was the sister of Owen Donahoe of Irishtown. She and her son Daniel Conwell were living with him in 1861. Owen's father was Edward Donahoe and his mother was Mary McQuade (I just received the death record). Owen lived next to an Edward Donahoe and his wife Catherine in 1881. Could they be brothers? I am interested in finding more about Susan and the Donahoes, specifically where they were from in Ireland. Thanks.

Posted: 14 Oct 2005 2:28AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2006 12:43AM GMT
Surnames: Donahue
Hi my name is Bernice Edwards, my grandpa Harry Oldfield Donahue born in 1912, his father Patrick J. Donahue born in 1870 NB Canada his wife's name is Margaret W. Cobb. Patrick's fathers name is also Patrick, he was born in Ireland. Patrick's sister is Norah Donahue and his brother's name is Peter
Donahue.

Re: Donohue,Donahue

Posted: 23 Mar 2006 10:27PM GMT
Surnames: Kervin Donahue
Bill,

Would you mind sending me any information you have on Alice and Thomas Kervin and their kids and parents? I'm trying to compile a database of all the Kervins in New Brunswick and any info you have would be helpful.

Thanks!
Shawna Kervin

Posted: 23 Mar 2006 10:30PM GMT
Surnames: Kervin Donahue
Paul,

Would you mind sending me any information you have on John James Donahue and Ida Rachel Kervin and their parents and kids. I'm trying to put together a database of all the Kervins in New Brunswick, and any information you might have would be helpful.

Thanks!
Shawna Kervin

Posted: 1 Nov 2009 11:53PM GMT
Patrick J donahue was my Gr'father. My mother is Theresa Donahue Treymann--she is your gr'fathers sister. I have been unable to get back past the names of Patrick & Norah. Are you Maureens' daughter? I understand that your Gr'mother is in rather fragile health presently. I just got that info when we heard of another cousins husbands death. He was Karel Absolon --he was married to your fathers Sister Mollys' daughter. Would like to hear from you. Theresa Treymann Germain
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions