Search for content in message boards

Family History

Family History

Tracy Hockridge-Stokes (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hockridge, Rose, Wolfe, Cruikshank, Barrett, Thomas, Showers, Ingersoll, Milligan, Hogg, Crofts, Hurst, Stalker, Attwood, Walker
Iam looking for family information on my GGrandad Richard Hockridge born 1847/48 in the Township of Wilmot. Married twice #1 Mary Anne Young from Ireland had 1 child Goerge,,,,#2 Rhoda Showers married in 1871 had 10 or 12 children,,,,He also lived in the 1st con of morris, where he did live there for many years,,,,His parents lived their last years at Wellesley where they are buried need infor on them,,,,If any one has any information on any of the surnames listed above which are children of Richard's pleas email me at tstokes@westman.wave.ca

Rhoda Showers

Posted: 16 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2004 9:51PM GMT
Surnames: Showers, Hockridge
I am a descendant of Rhoda's brother Michael and would be extremely interested in what information you have on her and Richard's descendants. I can share with you any information you need on the Showers line.

Showers Genealogy

Posted: 24 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 7:26PM GMT
Surnames: Showers
I am looking for descendants of Michael (U. E.) Showers and Hannah; in particular Thomas and Alexander Showers, sons of John Showers, son of Michael Showers. If you have any information, I would appreciate it. Thank you. Lisa

Thomas Showers

Posted: 26 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jun 2012 11:51AM GMT
Surnames: Showers, Von Toch,
In my research, I only have the following children for John Showers*(1776-1845) and his wife Catherine:

Michael(1798-1874), Hannah(1801-1887), Caleb(d.ca.1835), Daniel(1806-1887), and Alexander. But,I have found no Thomas.

*This is the John Showers who is the son of Michael & Hannah (Von Toch) Showers.

Are you sure that you have the correct family??? There were/are so many Michael Showers running around, in both Canada and the United States, that it makes it difficult to trace. In fact, I have two Michael Showers in my Canadian branch alone, that were both born in 1798. (Michael, son of John listed in above paragraph and his cousin Michael, son of Michael and grandson of Michael & Hannah). Talk about confusing. almost all of Michael & Hannah's children and grandchildren lived in ONT, Canada, as Michael sided with the British during the American Revolution.

Maybe if I had more information on Thomas, I could help you. Where and when were Thomas and his descendants born, married, died etc.. I will do my best to try and help.

Re: Showers Genealogy

C. Williams (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2001 12:04AM GMT
Surnames: Showers, Kinnon, Kinnen
My g-g-grandmother's name was Harriet Emma Showers (Kinnon). She was born in 1871 in KY I believe.
She married Daniel Lewis Kinnon. If you have any info. please contact me.

Re: Thomas Showers

C. Williams (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2001 12:09AM GMT
Surnames: Showers, Kinnon, Kinnen
This post was deleted by a board administrator on 18 Jun 2012 11:54AM GMT

Posted: 13 Jul 2001 1:44AM GMT
Thank you for your response. However, your Thomas is not my Thomas. Your help and interest IS APPRECIATED...good luck. Lisa Showers

Posted: 24 Feb 2002 3:06AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jun 2012 11:53AM GMT
Surnames: Showers, Kinnin
My g grandmother was Harriet Emma Showeres. I remember
visiting her in the fifties after she had broken her hip. She died in Henderson, Ky. We always called her little grandma because she was short and petite. Her husbands' name may have been David Louis Kinnon. My great aunt Magalene was from Morganfield, Ky. My g grandmothers sister. Her daughter is still alive in Wisconsin but in poor health. Let me know about you and your relation to this family. I would be very interested to hear from you.

Delores Legard

Posted: 24 Feb 2002 5:20AM GMT
Surnames: Kinnin, Showers, Ivie
Hello,

My name is Delores Legard, g grandaughter of Emma Showers and grandaughter of Emma's daughter. Mattie
Kinnin Ivie. I remember my g grandmother in the 1950's. She
lived with my grandmother after Emma broke her hip. She died in the 1950s. My mother has her death certificate. I
never knew my g grandfather. Emma was short and petite and we all called her little grandma. Louis was a big man
around 6' and my mother thinks that there was American Indian in his background.

I also remember my g aunt Magalene, Mattie's sister. My mother is still alive and Magalene's daughter is in ill health in
her 90's.

If you have info or want to respond, let me know.

dlegard@hotmail.com

Posted: 17 Jun 2012 9:54PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jun 2012 11:56AM GMT
Surnames: Kinnon
This was my great grandmother! I can not find anything on her either. I have a DOB of 10-08/1871, Marrage date to Daniel Lewis Kinnon (my great grandfather)12/28/1890, and a Date of death of 01/27/1953. If those dates are correct. I have our family tree listed on Ancestry.com for the public if you want to check it out. Please respond if you get this.I know it has been a few years since you posted this.
I had been told she was an indentured servant. Her death cert has parents unknown.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions