Search for content in message boards

Barnes Family from Stewart Co. TN to Madison Co. IL

Posted: 17 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Oct 2001 8:18AM GMT
There was a Barnes family who resided in the Bunker Hill and Woodburn area of Macoupin County IL (county just north of Madison County). I have a history book of Bunker Hill in which a member of the Barnes provided much information. I'm getting ready to go on vacation but will check when I return if I don't get a chance this evening. Your Barnes family names look familiar but I'm not sure if my memory is serving me correctly.

Barnes Family from Stewart Co. TN to Madison Co. IL

Posted: 17 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2002 6:50PM GMT
Surnames: BARNES
I am interested in finding more information on this family which lived in Stewart County TN before moving north.

Rebecca (Daniel) Barnes b. 1812

widowed during the Civil War said to go to St. Louis Co. MO or Madison Co. IL

after 1870 Census
These were her sons.
James Barnes b. 1832
John H. Barnes b. 1838

his wife and children were born in IL in the 1880 Census
William Wesley Barnes b. 1848
Ben Barnes b. 1856

Thank you.
Brenda Wyatt
brendajw@iswt.com

Barnes

Janice R. Foster (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT

My name is Janice Foster. I don't know if your Barnes are related to my Barnes, but it never hurts to check every lead. My Great-greatgrandparents are Isaiah & Margaret (Roberts) Barnes they come from Gallatin, Tennessee. I do not know if they stopped in Madison Co., on their way to Texas Co., Missouri, which is about 170 miles from St. Louis. They had 9 children: James Marion, Nancy Athelia ( my Great-grandmother), Martha Ann, Emaline H., Ninian R., Evan Wshington, Sterling Rains, Grant Isaiah, Sarah Alice. Do any of these names sound familiar?

Jan
Posted: 2 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 2:38AM GMT
Saw your post and was curious. I am a desc of a Barnes family
from NC in 1800, IN in 1820, Lawrence co., IL in 1830, Jasper co.
Mo. in 1840, Pulaski Co,MO in 1850 and finally Macoupin Co., IL in 1860.
What caught my eye was that you had a "Ninian" Barnes. In this family that
was a name used over and over but seems pretty uncommon. any
connections?

Re: Barnes

Posted: 31 Mar 2010 4:06PM GMT
My great-grandmother was Luda (Lula) Jackson Barnes (ca 1183-1972) and her father was Barney Wesley Barnes (no birth dates) who married Mary Ann Wyatt. I think they lived in Houston County, TN and later moved to Collinsville, Ill. which I believe is in Madison County. Hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic