Search for content in message boards

COURTNEY/STONEKING/MASON

COURTNEY/STONEKING/MASON

James L. Lowary (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: COURTNEY, STONEKING, MASON, WOOD, CANADA, MAXEY, SMITH, IAISER, PRATHER, MAKER, MILLER, WISENBERGER
Looking information on the following familes. William Franklin COURNTY is a son of Emanuel Erwin COURTNEY and Elizabeth A. WOOD. Emanuel Erwin COURTNEY is a decendent of
Peter COURTNEY was born in 1802 in Berkley Co. Viginia (now Morgan Co., WV). Info on William and immediate family is as follows:

William Franklin COURTNEY was born in Aug 1871 in Adair Co., Missouri. He died in 1912. Last known place living was recorded in 1910 census. Living in Atlanta, MO in Macon County.

He appeared on the census in 1880 in Adair Co., Missouri.
He appeared on the census in 1900 in Richland, Macon Co., Missouri.
He appeared on the census in 1910 in Atlanta, Macon Co., Missouri.

He was married to Lu Ellen STONEKING (daughter of Lewis ROBINSON and Lewrana *UNKNOWN) in 1897. Lu Ellen STONEKING was born on 3 Sep 1878 in Birmingham, Schuyler Co., Illinois. She died on 18 Nov 1943. She was buried on 20 Nov 1943 in Quincy, Adams Co., Illinois; Green Mount Cemetery. Block A, Section 3, Grave # 35. She was adopted by 1880 in Schuyler County, IL. She was also known as Lula Belle. She was also known as Lella Esteline. She was also known as Lu Ellen. She was also known as Lou L.. She was also known as Luella. William Franklin COURTNEY and Lu Ellen STONEKING had the following children:

i. Robert Ernest COURTNEY was born on 10 Jun 1898 in Elmer, Macon Co., Missouri
ii. Cecil Earl COURTNEY was born on 9 Sep 1901.
iii. Minnie Mae COURTNEY was born on 4 Mar 1904
iv. Millie COURTNEY was born in 1908. She died as small child.
v. Rose Etta COURTNEY was born on 26 Jan 1912.
vi. Dorothey Lorrain COURTNEY was born on 14 Feb 1913 in Macon City, Macon Co., Missouri

After William's death Luella married a John MASON. Mater of fact Dorothey Lorrain might be there child. Also Cecil Courtney Might have married John's daughter or granddaughter, his wifes name is Elnora. Any help would be appreciated. I'm willing to share what I have.

Thanks, Jim Lowary

Elizabeth Wood

Posted: 28 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2001 1:26AM GMT
Surnames: Wood
Hello;

My husband is descended from Elizabeth Wood's brother Thomas J. Wood. I have information on Elizabeth's father, John, and mother, Kezziah Murphy. I have Census, Marriage, and Land records for John in Adair and Macon Counties. If you don't have, and would like copies, let me know. I'll be happy to send them your way.

Vicki

Iaiser

Jeff Foutch (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Iaiser, Prather
My maternal grandmother, Myrtle Lorene (Iaiser) Stewart was born in Yarrow, Missouri on 5 August, 1899 and died 10 July, 1971. She was the daughter of Adam Phillip Iaiser and Mary Bell Steele. Adam, a long time resident of Adair County, was the son of Henery E. Iaiser and Mary Cortney.

Any info on Iaiser or Steele lines will be appreciated.

Courtney,Stoneking,Mason

Posted: 13 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 May 2002 11:26AM GMT
Surnames: Courtney, Stoneking, Mason, Mewes
Adair County Mo. I am related to all of the above, my grandmother was Dorothy Courtney and gr. grandmother is Luella Stoneking, I know of her marriage to John Mason, but that is all I know. I have no information on him at all. Anything you have and are willing to share would be greatly appreciated.

d. mcdonnell

Family

JULIE McELROY (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: COURTNEY, STONEKING, MASON, MEWES

Hi, Vicki
I'm Debbie sister Julie I see that Debbie's e-mail is not working, I will let her know. Her e-mail is djm113@aol.com.

THANK YOU.

Family

Julie McElroy (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: COURTNEY, STONEKING, MASON

Hi, I'm Debbie sister Julie I see that Debbie's e-mail is not working, I will let her Know. Debbie's e-mail is djm113@aol.com
Thank You.

Miller

Barb (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GROVES, MILLER, VAUGHN, FLEETWOOD, GARRISON, EATON
I have an Elizabeth Ann Miller that was born in Missouri, moved and married in Iowa, then move back to Chariton County Missouri. Her father was named B.J. Miller. She was born March 2, 1840/1845. She also had several children. I have found 3 of them.

Wisenberger

Posted: 18 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2001 12:37AM GMT
Surnames: Wisenberger
Looking for family of Murney Wisenberger b. 1890. Lived in Illinois and then Beloit,Rock County, Wisconsin, where she died October 4, 1952. She was married to a Wilbur Piedlow.

Wood of Adair Co

Brenda Smith (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wood
Any one having info on families of John and Kizziah (Murphy)Wood. I am a descendant of their son Jeremiah Prather Wood.
Would be willing to trade information.

McElroy

Barbara Matthews Wright (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McElroy
Looking for leads on George Washington McElroy, b. abt 1839, Mo, m. Sally Herring, b. 4 Dec 1839, Ala., moved to Texas bef 1859. May be related to a Green McElroy, also moved to Tx. Buried in Limestone Co, Tx. Ancestors unknown, much info on descendants.
Barbara Matthews Wright
per page

Find a board about a specific topic