Search for content in message boards

Lienard surnname (& Abrassart, Brasseur, Colmant, Corenez, Cuvelier, Ducart, Giller, Lienard, Mention, Ruelle, Urbain, Vilain )

Lienard surnname (& Abrassart, Brasseur, Colmant, Corenez, Cuvelier, Ducart, Giller, Lienard, Mention, Ruelle, Urbain, Vilain )

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 1:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Abrassart, Brasseur, Colmant, Corenez, Cuvelier, Ducart, Giller, Lienard, Mention, Ruelle, Urbain, Vilain
Looking for ancesty information on: LIENARD (also see message)
jlienard (View posts) Posted: 9 Sep 2007 5:42PM

Surnames: Abrassart, Brasseur, Colmant, Corenez, Cuvelier, Ducart, Giller, Lienard, Mention, Ruelle, Urbain, Vilain
Abrassart, Brasseur, Colmant, Corenez, Cuvelier, Ducart, Giller, Mention, Ruelle, Urbain, Vilain.

Please enjoy my family tree information under "LIENARD"

Family roots are in Belgium: Wasmes, Paturages, Frameries to name a few.

Jim Lienard

Re: Lienard surnname (& Abrassart, Brasseur, Colmant, Corenez, Cuvelier, Ducart, Giller, Lienard, Mention, Ruelle, Urbain, Vilain )

Posted: 11 Feb 2008 1:23AM GMT
Helen and Jennie Colmant lived in the White Bird area of Idaho County, Idaho, USA. Jennie m. a Roberts and lived for awhile near Denver (now extinct village) near Grangeville, Idaho, Idaho, USA. Helen m. a Dumecq and lived near Joseph, Idaho , Idaho, USA. When Jennie died , her daughter, Margaret Louise or Louise Margaret was raised by Helen and her husband.
Margaret or "Maggie", as she was known, m.1st to a Hardin and 2nd m. Jacob Ephraim Holbrook. She had Mabel Retta and a son by Hardin. By "Eph" Holbrook, she had more children--one was called Pearl. Have you heard of this branch of Colmant?
Mabel and Pearl were close friends of mine, and I would like to give their genealogy to Pearl's daughter, "Dolly". She doesn't do this type of work. I nearly married Mable's only son, so you can see how close we were. Thank you. Iris Seyfried grandmairis1@yahoo.com

Re: Lienard surnname (& Abrassart, Brasseur, Colmant, Corenez, Cuvelier, Ducart, Giller, Lienard, Mention, Ruelle, Urbain, Vilai

Posted: 11 Feb 2008 11:04PM GMT
Thank you for your response. The only info I have on my Colmant relatives are from the years 1752 - 1930 and they reside in various parts of Belgium. Jean Joseph Colmant, is the 1st Colmant that I have found relating to my family genealogy. Do you have or know if Helen and Jennie's roots come from Belgium?

I have attached a document show the descendant's of Jean Joseph Colmant.

Re: Lienard surnname (& Abrassart, Brasseur, Colmant, Corenez, Cuvelier, Ducart, Giller, Lienard, Mention, Ruelle, Urbain, Vilai

Posted: 12 Feb 2008 12:23AM GMT
Thank you for answering me. I have no idea where the Cplmants came from before they moved to Idaho, USA. There was a family of them in the Ferdinand or Craigmont area in Idaho county, Idaho, USA on a census, but I didn't know if they were connected To Jennie and Helen. They probably were but couldn't prove it. Before Mabel died she mentioned she had been contacted by the Colmants in Europe, but I thought she said France. I'm not sure, but I think they were Catholics. A lot of the people on the prairie were. Iris Seyfried grandmairis1@yahoo.com

Re: Lienard surnname (& Abrassart, Brasseur, Colmant, Corenez, Cuvelier, Ducart, Giller, Lienard, Mention, Ruelle, Urbain, Vilain )

Posted: 12 Dec 2008 7:18AM GMT
Surnames: Duhamel, Duhaime, Wilson, Brasseur
Pierre Duhamel posted:
Malheuseusement, je n'ai pas les ascendants de Hermas Duhamel qui est marié à Célina Duhaime. D'autre part, je n'ai aucune indication que celui-ci est de la lignée des "Duhamel dit Brasseur".

I do not speak French, unfortunately, so I looked up 'dit': "Dit" in French means "say" and in this context, it means "called." In other words, a person might be Pierre Bourbeau dit Lacourse, which means that he had an ancestor named Bourbeau, but he chooses to use the name Lacourse instead. So he is Pierre Bourbeau called Lacourse.

So, now I am also researching "Brasseur" as my uncle (has passed) but did tell me that he vaguely remembered that his father came from Belgium. So, now I am curious how they may have got from Belgium to St. Charles, Ontario, Canada!

Posted: 12 Dec 2008 4:47PM GMT
I am related to the Brasseur surname from Philippe Brasseur, born 1625 thru Adele Brasseur, born 1842 in Wasmes, Belgium. I have no links to the Brasseur's migrating to Canada but you are welcome to look at my family tree to see if there is any family members that may be related. Good Luck and let me know if I may be of assistance.

Posted: 19 Jan 2012 12:15PM GMT
Surnames: Lienard
Searching for a certain Louis Lienard born 1870 in Chicago ??? died Belgium 1940 ...
Daughters are Jeanne born 1904 in Jodoigne
Yvonne born 1899
Léa 1907
Georges 1907

Posted: 20 Jan 2012 11:33PM GMT
Don't believe we're related.

Posted: 21 Jan 2012 12:14AM GMT
Pity, anyway as I am in Belgium and will start search on some Lienard's , for a friend of mine...
Is there anything you need to know on those families ? I will certainly come across lots of them.
By the way , the name Cuvelier meant a barrell maker.
Brasseur in modern french is someone that makes beer but before it was someone working with their arms.( bras in french ) Someone making beer was a cambier , also a common name over here.
All of this not of great interest but still...
Regards,
Francis.

Posted: 11 Jun 2012 2:36PM GMT
We are searching for information on
Gabrielle Sophie Adelaide Lienard
Birth: October 8, 1876 inLa Bassée, Pas-de-Calais, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, France
She was married to
Francois Marcellin Abrassart
Birth: 24 February, 1871 in Bruay, Nord, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, France

Apparently Francois came to the United States to look for work and then was to send for Gabrielle. He never did send for her and their two boys. So Gabrielle saved her own money and brought her two boys to the United States and took her maiden name back (which is now the family name). We have not been able to find any information on Gabrielle's family. Any help would be appreciated!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions