Search for content in message boards

Boehm family history

Boehm family history

Posted: 26 Sep 2003 5:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boehm, Ofenbeck, Marozick, Huff, Gager
I am looking fir any help with my husbands side of the family. We are looking for the parents of Joseph Boehm Sr. Born Dec. 29, 1878 in Neustift Austria Died Sept. 17, 1970 in Chicaho,IL

Re: Boehm family history

Posted: 7 Mar 2011 12:41AM GMT
Hello, my name is Erna (nee Ofenbeck)and I just read your query. I too am trying to find out more about my Dad's people in Tauchen, Burgenland, Austria. He was born in 1907 in Tauchen (which is not too far from Neustift) and emigrated to Canada in 1929. His father was Samuel Ofenbeck, his mother Rosina (nee Hansman, Hanzman?)both of whom are buried in Tauchen. He also had a sister Karoline (Linnie) with married surname Kalchbrenner who lived with her family all her life in the family home in Tauchen. That house still stands but has since been sold.
I know there were one or two Adam Ofenbecks in Tauchen in the 1800's, and assume they are my Dad's forebears.
If any of those names mean anything, I hope they are a lead for your search.

Re: Boehm family history

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 10:42PM GMT
Surnames: Ofenbeck, Hanzman
Hello, Erna
Recently I have red your comment (7 Mar 2011) on portal ancestry.com, concerning Tauchen. I also try to find out more about my ancestors. My great-grandfather Johannes Hanzman was born 1814 in Tauchen. Later he moved to Neustift. I have looked trough some microfilm copies of church registers in the National Archives of Hungary. (I live in Budapest). I have found some entries of Hanzman and also some Ofenbeck. If you are interested in these entries, I could write them to you in e-mail. (My e-mail address: janos.hanszmann@gmail.com ) I would be interested in data or any information about Hanzmans in Tauchen, in Neustift.
Janos H.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions