Search for content in message boards

Adam & Marie Oestreicher Dorn; Ohio

Aaron & Laura Fuller Dorn; Illinois

mary dorn (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Jan 2006 3:24PM GMT
Surnames: Dorn, Fuller
Sorry but cant be of much help. My great,great grandfather was AAron dorn from Illinois. I do know that he married Laura Fuller She was from direct line of mayflower passengers.
If you find more info on Dorn side I would surely appreciate knowing. Thank you,Mary Dorn
Ps.. In my search I did find out that the correct spelling was really Doorn. My family was from town of Doorn in holland.

Adam & Marie Oestreicher Dorn; Ohio

Sarah Dorn (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jan 2006 3:23PM GMT
Surnames: Dorn, Oestreicher
Looking for infomation on Adam Dorn, came to US in 1891. His son Frank married Marie Oestreicher. They were in Ohio.

Origins of Dorn

mary (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jan 2006 3:25PM GMT
Hi Bob,
thank you for replying to my message.
My brother is named Bob Dorn,as well as his son .
I know that the Van means "from" in dutch..so it means from Doorn(appears the town was named for family)Some where in my search, some time back ,the town named Freehold, NJ came up as site where Dorn family settled before heading west.
Please let me know what info you find when in NY. Many Dorn's in Iowa ..all part of my family.
Mary Dorn

Origins of Dorn

bob dorn (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jan 2006 3:24PM GMT
Surnames: Dorn
Hey
Mary
thanks for the response
I believe we are from one of the Dorn families that may have started out spelled, 'vandorn' or 'vandoorn' from Holland as well... still trying to make connections.
this summer i will be going upstate NY to look closer at churches and cemetaries to look for vital records.. the town of CAroga had a fire in their town hall and lost many records around the turn ofthe century, so I have to look in all the churches to try to find more.

Re: Lloyd & Mae Pribble Dorn

Posted: 15 Jan 2002 2:36AM GMT
Edited: 15 Jan 2006 3:25PM GMT
Surnames: DORN, PRIBBLE
My grandfather was Lloyd Dorn.He married Mae Pribble,they had 3 children.Lloyd Leonard,Van Z.,and my mother Virginia Mae.He died when my mother was very young.My mother was born 08/18/1923 in St louis Mo. I have had no luck finding anything on the Dorn side of my family.

Re: Mae Dorn

Suzanne (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2006 6:23PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jan 2006 3:26PM GMT
Surnames: Dorn
My mother's mom was named Mae Dorn. My mom was adopted and was born in 6-9-29. She has a letter from her mother explaining how she could not afford to keep her, and she wanted her to go to a wealthy family that could not have children of their own. Any chance this might be her?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions