Search for content in message boards

Fleltcher Family, Clearville, Bedford Co. PA

Fleltcher Family, Clearville, Bedford Co. PA

Posted: 4 Jan 2000 11:41AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2002 5:02PM GMT
I am looking for any information about the Fletcher, Adams, Weimer, Evans families of Clearville, Monroe Township, Bedford County, PA.

Fletcher family of Monroe Twp.

Posted: 4 Jan 2000 4:12PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 6:52PM GMT
I can tell you just about anything you might want to know about this family. Original settler was Jacob Fletcher of Taneytown, MD; arrived Bedford Co., PA in 1793 w/ wife and 10 children. I am descended from middle son John (1774-1860, 3rd gr-grandfather). They intermarried with many early Monroe/Providence/Southampton Twp families, including Weimer, Means, Barkman, Snyder, Diehl, O'Neal, etc. I can answer your query at dayvida@aol.com.

Davis Fletcher Elisabeth Magner

margie (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2000 9:39PM GMT
Hi, I saw your postings and wondered if you had any information on my ggrandparents. I don't have much information. Elisabeth Magner was born in 1868 and died in 1915. I don't know where, but believe in the Philadelphia area. I don't have anything about Davis Fletcher whom she married and had several children including my grandmother whose name was Elisabeth Veronica Fletcher b02/08/1894 and d11/14/66 married to Robert Patterson Morris in 1913. I don't have much on him either other than he was a philadelphia fire chief. They lived in philadelphia on Elfreths alley near Betsy Ross's home site. My mother was one of the 11 children that they had. If you have any information or ideas of where I could search please contact me. Thanks for your time and help. Sincerely, Margie

David Fletcher Elizabeth Magner

Carolyn Clark (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2000 11:15AM GMT
02/7/00

Margie:

I believe I am related to you. My great grandparents were David Fletcher and Elizabeth Magner. One of their sons, Joseph (Sam) Fletcher, was my grandfather. Contact me for more information.

Cousin Carolyn

Fletcher Magner

Margie (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2000 12:15PM GMT
Hello cousin,
I hope this is a connection. I have been at a dead end for months. My Grandmothers name was Elisabeth Veronica Fletcher the daughter of Elisabeth Magner and Davis Fletcher from the Philadelphia area. Please E-mail me. I believe there is a possible connection. My e-mail address is MYahrlin@aol.com. Thanks! Talk to you soon. Bye,
Margie

Fletcher/Magner

Carol Clark (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2000 3:26PM GMT
Margie, Got your first message. Can't write back. Mistake in your E-Mail address. My E-Mail is cclark3407@aol.com.

Cousin Carolyn

Jacob Fletcher

Gail Basore (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2000 1:29PM GMT

David Fletcher Jane Leasure

Posted: 4 Mar 2000 5:34AM GMT
Edited: 22 Dec 2001 6:10PM GMT
Gail - I have a bit of information on David
Jane Leasure/Fletcher and their
relationship with Johann Jacob
Fletzer/Fletcher (born
1831). Contact me at: clabaugh@richnet.net

RE: Fletchers from Bedford Cty, PA

Susan M. Lathrum (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2000 12:17PM GMT
My John Fletcher and relatives left Bedford Cty, PA in 1791 for Hamilton Cty, Ohio (now Cincinnati). I don't know where he came from, Bedford Cty may have been just a departure place. I have been told he may have been a Fletzer/Flotzer. He married Phoebe Bickel b. in Sussex, NJ. the Bickels also went to Ohio w/Fletchers and several other families. Could my line connect with any of yours? Please email me smlathrum@aol.com.
Susan in Milwaukee

Re: Davis Fletcher Elisabeth Magner

Posted: 24 Sep 2009 3:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
My ggg-uncle, Patrick Sullian married a Margaret Magner in Philadelphia in 1887. Patrick's sister, Polly Bolger, was my ggggrandmother and lived on Elfreth's Alley. I believe the Magners lived on or near Elfreth's, which is likely how Patrick and Margaret met. Margaret and Elisabeth were probably sisters.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic