Search for content in message boards

Fournier - Fournier Connection in CT

Fournier - Fournier Connection in CT

Posted: 7 Oct 2000 8:44PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2002 4:51PM GMT
Hi Folks,

I had a Lajoie family reunion at my home this summer. Two Lajoie sisters (one my grandmother) each married men named Fournier, supposedly not related. But given the fact that almost all Fourniers in the US are decendants of Guillaume Fournier, we began to wonder if there was a connection somewhere further back. My grandfather was Archille Fournier (born12/5/1884 in Hartford, CT, married to Alida Cordelia Lajoie on 7/30/1908 in Hartford CT; he was the son of Cyrille Fournier Marie LeDuc, married in Central Falls MA in the early 1880's. My great aunt, Marie Artemise Lajoie, married Theodore Fournier on 9/22/1902 in Hartford CT; he was born on 11/251882 in Taftville, CT, son of Theodore Fournier Elmire Pothier. I have the whole tree back to Guilluame on Archille, but can't seem to find anything on Theodore. The Lajoie sisters Theodore all grew up in New Hartford CT. Any bells ringing??

Linda Bouley
Posted: 21 Jan 2001 2:50PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2002 7:28PM GMT
Hi! I am also a fournierr, but we are located in the Massachusetts area. We are also decended from Guilliaume. You should know that there were 12 seperate Fourniers that came to Canada and have many decendent Fourniers. You might try the American French Gen. Society on line. They are located in Woonsocket, RI and have many records there including the microfilmed copies of a Canadian priest who copied many church records over the years. They will do a search ata nominal fee.

Fournier's in CT

Posted: 21 Jan 2001 3:51PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2002 4:51PM GMT
Hi Donna,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I'm in MA too. My grandfather, Archille Fournier, brought his new bride to live in Whitinsville, MA in the early 1900s. My 91 year old mother, their oldest daughter, still lives in town. I now live in Belchertown, MA, but there is still family living in Whitinsville. I didn't realize that there was a French Canadian Genealogy library in Woonsocket, but I had heard of a very good one in Central Falls, RI. I belong to a small French-Canadian library in Tolland, CT and have done some searching there for my great Uncle Ted's ancestry, but no luck yet. My next move is the Regional National Archives Library in Pittsfield, MA where there are census records the town records in Winstead New Hartford, CT...towns where the family lived. I got a little information from Armelle Fournier who has much information, but I haven't found anything to connect it. Well, at least I have my own line...that of Archille...all the way back to Guilluame.

Thanks Again,
Linda

Fournier/Whitinsville

Posted: 22 Jan 2001 7:31AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2002 7:28PM GMT
I too lived in Whitinsville for about twelve years under the name Choquette, and have a son Marc and his family, still living in Whitinsville. He also had a Mrs. Fournier who taught him in elementary school there.

My father, Alfred Theodore, and his family were from the Worcester area. His father George Joseph Maximi and his brothers were born there and married there.
Pepere's father was George Elisee and mother was Elizabeth Blanchard, both born in Canada died in Worcester.

George E. parents were Elisee Fournier and Clementine Gagnon born in Canada and died in Worcester.
I strongly suggest that you get in touch with the French American society as they have extensive records relating to the French who emigrated to this country and their families back into Canada. Many books microfilms etc. and Fournier is likened to "Smith. It is a very common name. Even here in Rhode Island there are numerous Fourniers. Please keep in touch and perhaps we will find that we too are related in some way. Donna bacchus42@earthlink.net

michingan

leon david fournier (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2001 5:20PM GMT
hi am leon fournier, am lookiing to see who i may be related to. am from michigan till 1975 move to minn. my dad name was leon henry fournier. and he had a brother adrian, ed. and a sister pat. for starters.. i know the fourniers came from france too. please help if you can... thanks leon

michingan

Posted: 2 Feb 2001 5:20PM GMT
hi am leon fournier, am lookiing to see who i may be related to. am from michigan till 1975 move to minn. my dad name was leon henry fournier. and he had a brother adrian, ed. and a sister pat. for starters.. i know the fourniers came from france too. please help if you can... thanks leon

help

Posted: 2 Feb 2001 5:25PM GMT
hi am leon david fourner i was born in flint michigan now in minn. my dad name was leon or leo fournier of michigan,. dead now. he had abrother name ed. and adrian.and a sister name pat. for starters can you tell me if you heard of any of us.. thanks

Re: Fournier - Fournier Connection in CT

Posted: 21 Aug 2001 3:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fournier
Hello,

We seem to be distantly related. Theodore Fournier, who was married to Marie Anrthemise Lajoie, was my great-grandfather's brother. My great-grandfather was Frederick Fournier who lived in Winstead, CT. My great-grandfather and Theodore also had the following siblings: George, Daisey, Blanche, and Alma. There were a few others, but they died young and I don't have their names. Theodore's niece, my grandmother, is still alive. She has been helping me fill in some blanks. Contact me to discuss further at denisecurrie@sprintmail.com.

Re: Fournier - Fournier Connection in CT

Posted: 28 Nov 2001 1:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Feb 2002 5:16PM GMT
Surnames: Fournier,Graveline,Duquette,Paquette,Gauvin,Monty,Major,Tessier,Tetreau,Legare
To Linda Bouley, I saw your inquiry about a Theodore born in Taftville, Ct. I am a Fournier by marriage. My husbands' father was born in Lowell, Mass., in 1890, so I don't think he is who you need, however he moved to Taftville and that is where we are from. I will gladly look for the birth of Theodore in the records of City Hall in Norwich. Oddly enough there is an uncle Ted in our line, but he was born after my father-in-law. I wonder if they were connected earlier on. His parents were William Fournier and Clara Duquette. They were married in Warwick/Warren area of R.I. William was born in Alton Bay, N.H.. He lived in Lowell, Mass, Warren, R.I., Baltic, Ct., and Taftville, Ct. That is where he died. I also belong to the Tolland French Canadian Genealogy research center. Feel free to contact me. Sincerely Florida
per page

Find a board about a specific topic