Search for content in message boards

ORME family in 17th century Duffield area, Derbyshire England

ORME family in 17th century Duffield area, Derbyshire England

Posted: 22 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jul 2009 4:41AM GMT
Surnames: Baker, Orme, Long, Wainwright, Torbutt, Adams, Andrews, Blatchley, Bendy, Edmunds, Earl, Perry
baker in bristol in 18thc and in bath 19thc;
orme in 17thc. in duffield and area, derbyshire;
long in wellow, norton st phillip, monkton farleigh - particularly charles and his daughter, ellen or eleanor;
wainwright in 17thc. around repton, derbyshire;
torbut(t) or talbot in warwickshire 17thc.
adams, batheaston, early 18thc. and earlier;
andrews in 18thc. at farleigh hungerford or hinton charterhouse;
blatchley 18th/19thc. walcot, bath;
bendy, sarah marries joseph long 1797, bath;
edmund, eleanor, marries alexander, william baker at st. james, bristol, 1823;
earl, betty marries robert hall, hinton charterhouse, 1776;
perry, elizabeth marries john long, bathford, 1768.
please help!

BLATCHLEYs in Somerset, England

Posted: 14 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2009 4:42AM GMT
Surnames: Blatchley, James
Dear Pat
My Blatchley ancestors come from Bath. I believe originally they might have come from Wiltshire. The earliest I can find is my 3 x great grandfather, William, a cabinet maker. He married Nancy James at Lycombe & Widcombe, Bath in 1819, but I haven't been able to find his birth. In 1824 he was living in Union Passage and in 1826 & 1839 he was at 5 Abbey Green.
What's your Blatchley connection? Maybe we're cousins.
Joanna

Nicholas ORME in Duffield, 17th century

Posted: 8 Jun 2009 5:17PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2009 4:44AM GMT
Surnames: Orme
Patricia, I have three generations (or maybe it is only two) of Nicholas ORME in Duffield in the seventeenth century. The most ancient is Nicholas bapt. in 1623, son of Richard. I am stuck there. Do you have this family ?
Annick

Nicholas ORME bapt. 1623, son of Richard bapt. c1600, son of Nicholas

Posted: 14 Jun 2009 10:35AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2009 4:45AM GMT
Surnames: Orme
Hi Annick,
Good to hear from you- I haven't heard from anyone else who's interested in this Orme family! If you open your tree to me on Ancestry, I will do likewise, or contact me directly through orme.ricia@virgin.net.
The Duffield parish registers are terrible to decipher: I have Nicholas bpt.1623, son of Richard bpt.c.1600, son of Nicholas, presumably bpt. c.1580, and then ?perhaps? two Richards! Best wishes, Pat,

Re: ORME family in 17th century Duffield area, Derbyshire England

Posted: 20 May 2010 4:08AM GMT
Surnames: Adams Batheaston
Hi there,
I have gone back to my Adams family in Batheaston to Samuel born 1803, can find no link back from that. Would love to hear from you and see if we are related and how you are connected to Adams...
ps Adams was my maiden name

Look forward to hearing from you
Beau

Re: BLATCHLEYs in Somerset, England

Posted: 30 Sep 2010 11:53AM GMT
Hi Joanna,
My great-great-grandfather was also a cabinet-maker; he was William Baker, 1828-1913 in Walcot, Bath.
His son, Alfred Ernest married Eleanor Sarah Adams in 1892; their son, Albert Nat. married Elizabeth Ann Andrews in 1861; his parents were - wait for it - Charles Andrews and Sarah Blatchley/Bletchley; they married in 1826, and she was bapt.in 1807 in Hinton Charterhouse, just outside Bath.I think her parents were James and Ann, and as far as I know, her only sibling was Eliza, bapt.1811, H,Ch.
I would love to hear from you if you think we might be connected. Good hunting! Pat.

Posted: 9 Nov 2010 12:46AM GMT
Surnames: ORME, BATES
Patricia,
I've just discovered a Hannah Orme born 1814 in Belper, Derbyshire, England who married William Bates born 1814 in Belper, Derbyshire, England.
William & Hannah were married August 3, 1834 Duffield, Derbyshire, England.
Is this couple in your genealogy?
Gratefully,
Mavis Bassett

Posted: 7 Jan 2011 8:23PM GMT
Working on Ormes from Longford (just a short distance away).

Henry Orme m. Dorothy Tomlison in 1726 in Longford. No earlier Ormes in Longford for almost 60 years. There is a Henry having a family in Duffield that names his children many of the names I'm finding. Have you found a Henry Orme in Duffield born around 1700.

Taylor Payne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic