Search for content in message boards

Goodwin Station Upshur County WV

Goodwin Station Upshur County WV

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 4:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for information on Goodwin Station located in Upshur County WV. I visited an old railroad tunnel that carries that name and would like to know what was located there if anything. I would also like to know where Goodwin Station took it's name from and any other information that can be found. Thank You Janie

Re: Goodwin Station Upshur County WV

Posted: 6 Aug 2010 7:33PM GMT
Surnames: Goodwin
The was a Goodwin, WV. in Upshur County. The Historical Society had article written by my cousin Lillian Gibson in their Spring 2008 publication.The article was named, Once There Was a Village and the Trains Ran Through It. You may reach the Historical Society through their Web site.

Posted: 7 Aug 2010 6:35PM GMT
Thank you for the information. I know Lillian and will call her to see how to get a copy of that article. Am interested because am researching the Gooden and Goodwin Family. I am a Gooden by birth. Thanks again Vanessa

Posted: 7 Aug 2010 6:50PM GMT
You are more then welcome. You know our wonderful Lillian, She is such great person. Thank God he sent her to me. She made in possible for me to know a part of the family I thought was lost. I'm just starting to work on the Goodwin branch of the family.

Posted: 7 Aug 2010 9:19PM GMT
How are you related to the Gooden Family? My line is through James Gooden son of Thomas and Susannah Gooden. James married Elizabeth Huffman and I am the great great grand daughter of their son Isaac and wife Catherine Matilda Hornbeck Gooden. Vanessa

Posted: 7 Aug 2010 9:37PM GMT
Surnames: Goodwin/Gooden
I have two connection with the Goodwin line. Not aware of any Gooden connection as of yet.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions