Search for content in message boards

JOHN LENTZ

JOHN LENTZ

BRIDGET (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2000 6:34PM GMT
I AM LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATOION ON MY GRANDFATHER JOHN ANDREW LENTZ BORN 1918 TO HENRY LENTZ AND TERESA LENTZ. TERESA WAS AN IMMIGRANT FROM YUGOSLAVIA. AND I HAVE NO INFORMATION ON HENRY LENTZ EXCEPT THAT HE WAS BORN IN 1890 AND DIED IN 1966. IF ANYONE HAS OR KNOWS SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP ME FIND INFORMATION ON MY FAMILY HISTORY PLEASE CONTACT ME AT MY EMAIL ADDRESS BLEXXY@AOL.COM THANK YOU.

Lentz Family

Posted: 9 Sep 2000 2:07PM GMT
Edited: 17 Sep 2002 3:00AM GMT
Hi Bridget,

I don't know where you are looking in WI. for your family, but I just got back home from a search for my family in Wisconsin. (They are all over the State!) :-(

There are LENTZ names in the Pound/Coleman (Oconto Co) area of WI. One of my cousins live on Lentz Rd west of Pound and I saw the name in some of the cemeteries I was searching thru.

Hope this helps

Lynne (Sasman) Bissell

Lentz/Lenz family of Wisconsin

Heidi (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2000 8:44PM GMT
Hi. There are lots of Lentz/Lenz family members in the Kenosha/Racine/Milwaukee area who are part of one family. The name is spelled with a "t" in some circles. The family came over from Germany in August, 1852; they settled at Brighton, Kenosha Co., WI. The two parents, Johann Joseph and Anna Maria Molitor Lenz, had at least 8 children, and these children moved away and many had large families.
There is a large Lenz project being worked on at this time--perhaps your history coincides with ours! Let me know. hraab@powercom.net.
I'll try to help you--or steer you in the right direction.

Lentz

Renee (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2001 8:17AM GMT
Would you know if any of the boys would have moved to Indiana around the Martin CTY area in the year near 1923? They would have been around 35 years old at that time, app? And if so did he have a wife , children,occupation, etc! Thanks, Renee

Lentz

Renee (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2001 8:22AM GMT
Heidi I posted a message for you on the web site about the Lentz kids that moved away from your area!Sorry

Re: Lentz/Lenz family of Wisconsin

Lonna (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2001 5:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandfather was Wilhelm/William Lenz b 1854 in Germany? d 1923 in Merrill WI Came to US in 1871, married Minnie Krueger in Wisconsin 1893. Any other information would be appreciated.

Sandra (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2003 9:05PM GMT
Hello, I am descendant of Lenz family in Wisconsin. I am trying to find a Susan and David that had a posting. They listed ALL my relatives and I want to contact them. Their earthlink email is no good anymore. Thanks

Posted: 26 Apr 2012 10:12PM GMT
Surnames: Lenz, Vetter. Beckmann, Diener
Not sure if this is same family but my great grandfather was also William Lenz married to Minnie but her maiden name was Vetter according to their marriage license, and were married in Lind WI on 3/29/1902 and both died in Oshkosh. They had 13 children. I also find Maria Beckmann as william's mother, Henriette Diener as Minnie's mother. Is this same family? Please Email me at revusup@yahoo.com

Re: Lentz/Lenz families of Wisconsin in the German papers ...?

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 3:02PM GMT
Surnames: Lentz Lenz
"... There are lots of Lentz/Lenz family members in the Kenosha/Racine/Milwaukee area who are part of one family ..."

There are about 200 occurrences of Lentz / Lenz collected in "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950). There's a little overlap with Racine and Kenosha families found in the local German papers because some of them had a regional readership.

Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007 ...
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions