Search for content in message boards

EMMA DAVENPORT AND DAVE MARSH

EMMA DAVENPORT AND DAVE MARSH

Rodger Marsh (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2004 6:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: davenport/marsh
hi all im trying to find info on my grand mother emma davenport who married dave marsh and bore my dad bascomb marsh,jack marsh,hobert marsh,clifford marsh,maud marsh(maiden name) and another who ran away when young never to be heard from they were from virginia if ya have any info on this emma davenport marsh who may or may not have remarried after my grandfathers passing please contact me at lord_of_the_craft@yahoo.com

Re: EMMA DAVENPORT AND DAVE MARSH

Posted: 24 Jun 2004 7:37AM GMT
Edited: 16 Dec 2004 6:25PM GMT
Surnames: Davenport, Marsh
Hi Rodger,

It would narrow the playing field a bit if you could include some dates, or approximate dates, on some of the people in your query.

Do you know when and where your grandmother was born? Or when some of her children were born, and where?

As unusual as it may seem there are 4 named Hobart Marsh on the SSDI (Soc Sec Dth Idx). You did say they were from VA, is this a match?

Marsh, Hobart, b 16 oct 1911, d Mary 1978; last residence Indianapolis, Marion Co, IN; SS card issued in VA.

Posted: 27 Jun 2004 12:02AM GMT
that sounds bout right hobart my uncle lived in indianapolis my dad bascom his brother was born in 1922 november,and he died in 69 i beleive i was 2 1/2 yrs old im sorry i know verey little about my grand parents that is what im lookn for

Posted: 27 Jun 2004 12:16AM GMT
also my grandmother emma remarried after grandpa daves death from what i can gather she was old then round 70 and she married a man named bill pratter first name is not a positive but my sister remembers her marring a pratter so when she passed away her name would have been emma pratter now dad had another brother named clifford who married a woman named ida and clifford and ida marsh lived in indianapolis in as did hobart as for info comming from the family im not getn much because dad ran away from hom at 12 yrs old and hoboed around as the story goes guess ya could do that in the 30's at twelve so thats why info is slim on my dads family anyway anything you can find helps thanx

Posted: 28 Jun 2004 3:09AM GMT
Surnames: Davenport, Marsh, Prather
OK, on first posting your spelled your father's name Bascomb, and I didn't find him on the SSDI. Here he is with the Bascom spelling you gave this time.

Marsh, Bascom, b 15 Nov 1922; d Jun 1969; SS card issued in OH

He wasn't old enough to be receiving an old age pension, either he was on disability, or your mother filed and received support for you as a minor child from Soc Sec until you were 18.

A copy of your father's birth certificate should show the ages of his parents when he was born. And, the state where each was born. His father's occupation may be included, too.

Since you don't know much about your father, why not obtain a copy of the application your father filled out to get his Soc Sec card. You never know what other helpful information might be on there.

Happy Hunting (^_^)

rodger marsh (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2004 3:09PM GMT
yep thats my pops and thanx a bunch but how do i get that ss record?

Posted: 28 Jun 2004 5:16PM GMT
Click on this link for SSDI:

http://ssdi.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi

Type in last name of Marsh, first name of Bascom, click on Submit.

To the far right of his name, in blue letters, see SS-5 Letter? Click on that and up will come a letter all ready to print out. You sign it and give your mailing address, too. Enclose fee they request.

Happy Hunting (^_^)

Posted: 1 Mar 2008 10:36PM GMT
Emma and David also had 5 other children There names were Elbert, Myrtle, Virgil, Leonard,Williams. Emma and David were my great grand parents. David was born 1843 in Washington Virgina. Thats all I know about them. I know nothing about Emma. Soif you could help me with my Family Tree I would be greatful and Iwill help you in any way I can. My name is Kristine Marsh I'm Elberts granddaugther.So if there is any thing else I can help you with please fill free to contactme at krb1957@sbcglobal.net There are still family that might have the information you need.And I will contact them for you.So if thissouns likeyour family please contact me. Remember that I'm not good with the computer so email me directly I will probbaley never getback on this site.

Posted: 1 Mar 2008 10:37PM GMT
Emma and David also had 5 other children There names were Elbert, Myrtle, Virgil, Leonard,Williams. Emma and David were my great grand parents. David was born 1843 in Washington Virgina. Thats all I know about them. I know nothing about Emma. Soif you could help me with my Family Tree I would be greatful and Iwill help you in any way I can. My name is Kristine Marsh I'm Elberts granddaugther.So if there is any thing else I can help you with please fill free to contactme at krb1957@sbcglobal.net There are still family that might have the information you need.And I will contact them for you.So if thissouns likeyour family please contact me. Remember that I'm not good with the computer so email me directly I will probbaley never getback on this site.

Posted: 3 Jul 2013 7:00PM GMT
Hi all! I'm trying to find my Cherokee roots and have been doing much research. My great grandfather was Virgil L Marsh who was a son of David and Emma I'm assuming by the description on a census I found stating he had light hair and blue eyes, I'm assuming that my Cherokee roots doesn't come from the Marsh side. This is why I'm requesting any information in regards to Emma Davenport.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions