Search for content in message boards

Hallys from Clonmel

Hallys from Clonmel

Posted: 29 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jul 2001 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: Hally
People in Clonmel tell me the John Holley I am searching for is probably John Hally, and that the Hallys emigrated to Newfoundland. My John Holley (or maybe Hally as the name appears on his 1874 marriage registration in New York City) moved to Renfrew County, Ontario Canada in 1874 and died there in 1939. John's parents were Michael Holley/Hally and Margaret Landrigan. Anything familiar to anyone?

Hallys from Clonmel

Posted: 9 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 May 2005 5:46PM GMT
Surnames: Hally
John Halley baptism 11 May 1851
Ardfinnan parish
father Michael Halley
Mother Margaret Lonergan
Ardfinnan is close to Clonmel and Landrigan is a variant
of Lonergan. Several other children with the name spelled
Hally.

Hally family

Posted: 10 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2001 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: Hally, McCarthy
Dan, thanks for your response. It's the first bit of information I've ever gotten on my up till now elusive John Hally. Where did you come by this info? Is it part of your own family tree? Do you know who the other children were, assuming they are siblings of John's? Do you know when John emigrated, and who went with him? His obituary said he emigrated twice, the first time at age 13, but it didn't say where to, and then he returned to Ireland to get his education. Thanks again for your help. It is very much appreciated.

family

joseph r. hally of aldan pa. u.s.a. (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: hally, lonergan, james, kerns
i am joe hally son of william b.1906 son of jamesb.1865 of ballylooby,tipperary.his mother was a lonergan from clogheen,who died giving him birth.a sister anna and he were raised by the lonergans of clogheen.a lonergan bore a son at the same time,also james, so they had the same milk and rearing. a rich uncle sent them fare to phila. where both lived exemplary lives.as you see i am a poor typist but i have an excellent memory of the oral history of the hallys of w.phila.pops father was john,son of michael b.@1800.for more you can call me at 610-623-0152 j.h.

Re: Hallys from Clonmel

karen hally dircks (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2001 8:48PM GMT
Dan where did you get this information on hally's? Are the Hawley's related? My girlfriend says her mother's family had a hawley from tipperary in it but they originally were from scotland she thinks. could you give me any info on this?
thanks kare(cira) my E is cira@conext.net

Posted: 28 Nov 2004 5:02AM GMT
Edited: 1 Dec 2004 8:22PM GMT
Surnames: Halley, Londegan, Sheehan, Murray
Hi, My grandmother was Ellen (Nellie) Halley 9-22-1870 born in "the Green" Fethard Tipperary, and her sis was Mary Cecelia Halley 10-1875 born Clonmel. Parents were John Halley (possibly John Patrick Halley, and the mother Mary Catherine Londegan. They came US abt 1890 and 1900, settled in Cinti, mar Pat Sheehan & Jos Murray. I know about them and descendents here, but have been trying to connect them to Ire for years. I know all since they arrived here, but little there. I believe the parents remained there with other children. If you know of any connection, I would appreciate. Jim Sheehan

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 5:49PM GMT
trying to link to James Halley born 1883, on census for 1911, my partner James Halley is a descendant .
James Halley born 1883, married Bridget Hayde,
They had 5 children, the oldest was Patrick born in 1911.

Are they linked to your Halleys or is the Fethard just coincidence.

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 6:18AM GMT
There are not a lot of Hallys/Halleys in Fethard but there
are a lot within walking distance. Fair chance they moved
there from a bit south and are linked. Should be good church records for that area where you should be able to trace family back aways.

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 8:25PM GMT
My father, now aged 78, grew up in the Garymore area of Clonmel and he often reminisces about a family of Hally's and I know there were Londregans in the same area. Maybe they are the same clans.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic