Search for content in message boards

Norway locale

Norway locale

Posted: 19 Aug 2001 4:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Aug 2001 4:19AM GMT
Surnames: Strand
I am looking for the location (county or nearby towns) of Flasberg Parish, Sondre Land, Norway, where descendents of Ole Nielson and Henrikka Jenson came from to America. Their children were born between 1845 and 1865 and all came to America (Wisconsin) with the last name of Strand, some with middle initial O or middle name Olson (Ole's son): Jens, Karen, Andreas/Andrew Strandbakken, Olaf, John, Anna, Nicolena, Nels, Juga.

I traveled to Norway this summer; could not locate Flasberg Parish or Sondre Land by map, and would like to know the location.

Re: Norway locale

Posted: 19 Aug 2001 11:34PM GMT
Edited: 18 Feb 2002 11:30PM GMT
Strandbakke(n) is in Fluberg parish, Søndre Land, 10 km south-east of Dokka, 25 km west of Gjøvik.

Strandbakken in 1865 census:
http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbas...=
Attachments:

Posted: 27 Apr 2013 12:35PM GMT
I am so interested in this inquiry. My name is Mary Strand Slinde and my grandparents were Nels amd Mary Strand from Barron, Wisconsin. Nels was the son of the parents you mentioned in your inquiry. I have a copy of the family history and am trying to locate relatives in Norway. Have you had any luck?

Posted: 27 Apr 2013 2:28PM GMT
Edited: 27 Apr 2013 4:43PM GMT
According to your online tree, Olaf Archibald Strand was born in 1902, four years before his mother, Vivian Marie Swenson, in 1906.

If you post more of the info you already have, maybe someone can help you.

Posted: 6 Apr 2014 11:16PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2014 11:25PM GMT
Surnames: Nielson, Jenson, Paulsrud
Hello,

I just stumbled upon this thread.

I am also looking for information about Ole Nielson and Henrikka Jenson who had a daughter named Juga Strand Nielson. Juga had a daughter named Maria Paulsrud (born 1866, probably in Wisconsin.)

I have photocopies of pages 1, 10, & 11 of "The Descendants of Ole Nielson and Henrikka Jenson"

Do you have more that you could share?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions