Search for content in message boards

HMIC records (Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary )

HMIC records (Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary )

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 5:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Newman
Hi
Does anyone know if there is anything out there to find information on people who served as Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary.
I have recently been given a photo with a relative of mine wearing a uniform and his hat has HMIC on it. The photo was taken by a photographer in Deal, Kent.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Re: HMIC records (Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary )

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 6:37PM GMT
Hi Denise,
When was the photo taken and what is the photographer's name?
I can pop into the Library in Deal to see what I can find out for you. Regards, Janet

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 9:09PM GMT
Surnames: NEWMAN
Hi Janet
The photo was taken around the 1880's. At the bottom of the pedestal where his hat is sitting on top of is H or K Franklin & Son, Photo DEAL written. There is a raised what looks like a bunch of grapes half way up and then a clock near the top which has 0 at the top then 2, 4 6 and 8 on it. The big hand is on the 0 and the little one on the 2 - my husband thinks it may relate to the year the photo was taken perhaps 1882??

I havent scanned the photo in yet but if it would help I will try to get one to you.

If you can find any information out that would be great. I can find no information relating to either Arthur George Newman in the picture or his son Thomas George Newman who was supposed to be born in Belvedere Kent. A very long ongoing brickwall.

All help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Denise

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 9:37AM GMT
Have you traced the family on census?Have you traced Arthur's marriage?

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 1:38PM GMT
There is an H Franklin b 1850- Photographer at 6 Victoria Road, Deal in the 1881 census.

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 1:47PM GMT
Hi
Not managed to trace any census records, birth or deaths for Arthur George Newman. Not managed to find any censuses
for Thomas George Newman other than 1911. Couldn't even find him on the 1901 census a year before his marriage to Phoebe in 1902.

They are both a mystery to me.

Denise

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 1:48PM GMT
Thank you will follow that up.

Denise

Posted: 29 Aug 2013 10:41PM GMT
Hi Janet,

This is not related to your or Denise's post but instead about George Frederick West (1849-1914). I'm sorry to contact you this way but I've been trying to get hold of you quite urgently - please would you kindly message me when you see this? Many thanks.

Kind regards,
Sheri Friedman
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions