Search for content in message boards

Hospitals/Sanatoriums Erpingham 1911

Hospitals/Sanatoriums Erpingham 1911

Posted: 14 Jan 2009 12:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: RUSSELL
I have discovered that my Grandfather William Russell (aged 16) was in a hospital of some kind, in Erpingham, Norfolk, when the 1911 census was taken. His brother was in one in Henley Oxfordshire. Their family lived in London.
Is there any information about this place anywhere? I did a search on the net and came up with a TB hospital in Mandesly (not sure of spelling), so I wondered if the one at Erpingham was also a TB hospital.

Any help or pointers in right direction much appreciated.
Thank you :)

Re: Hospitals/Sanatoriums Erpingham 1911

Posted: 2 Apr 2009 2:11PM GMT
Hello, There was a Sanatorium named Kelling Hospital opened in 1902 and treated TB cases until 1948, since then it has become a convalescence hospital. Back in the early days it would have come under "Erpingham" district. It is situated just outside Holt in Norfolk. If you put Kelling Hospital into your search engine it will give you details both past and present. Hope this helps. Regards Lyn

Posted: 2 Apr 2009 2:34PM GMT
Thank you Lyn, I shall go and have a look.

All the best,
Lois

Posted: 2 Apr 2009 3:17PM GMT
With the help you gave me,I found a picture of the revolving shelter they had at Kelling on the net. It's just like the one I have a photo of, with my grandfather inside with two other young men. So, many thanks indeed, again.
All the best,
Lois

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 1:00PM GMT
Surnames: Fairhead
Hi

I am doing my family tree an my great grandmother used to be a nurse at the hospital. Her name was Beatrice Lousia Fairhead (born 13 May 1887 in Holmesfield) and she left the hospital between 2 April 1911 and October 1911 to have her son Charles Edward Fairhead in Norwich.Charles was born 13 Ocober 1911. His father is unknown. If anyone has any information or pointers it would be appriciated.I have her on the 1911 Census.

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 9:50PM GMT
If you are hoping to find the name of the father of Charles Edward FAIRHEAD, when he is not listed on the birth certificate, you will have great difficulty. There is a possibility that he is named on a baptism record, but this is a very faint possibility.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions