Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth Tedhams

Elizabeth Tedhams

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 7:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: TEDHAMS
Hi, I am trying to find the parents of Elizabeth Tedhams born about 1804 in Sellindge or Stanting(?) according to the 1851 and 61 censuses. I have her marriages to James Goldup 1825 and then Stephen Souton and her children, but I'm struggling to trace her back any further.
Hope someone can help, I'm more than willing to share the info I have about her descendants,

Hilary

Re: Elizabeth Tedhams

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 11:55AM GMT

I havn't done a lot of research on Elizabeth, my interest is that her husband Stephen Souton is the brother to Sarah Souton
who marrried Thomas Divers.

I have that Stephen Souton married Elizabeth Goldup widow 14.10.1834 Waltham. What was her name when she married James Goldup was it by any chance Hall, Ley or Egglesden?

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 12:19PM GMT

Further to my previous message what I should have asked is: Was Elizabeth a widow when she married James Goldup or do think her maiden name was Tedhams. I have not got her marriage to James. I think her daughter Sarah Souton married a Mark Goldup is he a relation to James Goldup?

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 4:24PM GMT
Hi, that's interesting. She had a son called Mark Goldup born 1825 with her first husband James Goldup but I would think the Mark you mention must be a different one as Sarah wouldn't have been able to marry a half brother would she?
I presume you have an Ancestry tree, if so why don't you have a look at my tree, it's public. I'm descended from Stephen and Elizabeth via their youngest daughter Philadelphia.
It doesn't refer to her as a widow when she married James but I am only looking at transcriptions on the Hastingleigh website so can't be one hundred percent certain. She does appear to have a child, Thomas born 1823, before she married James although he has the surname Goldup so I'm not sure what happened there.
We must be cousins of some sort then,

Hilary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions