Search for content in message boards

Family of Winnie Barefoot, NC

Family of Winnie Barefoot, NC

Posted: 25 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Nov 2001 2:14AM GMT
Surnames: Barefoot, West
I am looking for the family of Winifred "Winnie" Barefoot b. 1840 married Silas West b. 1833. Both lived in Sampson County, Westbrook township according to the 1870 census. Dates of Marriage and death are unknown at the present time. Winnie was bured in the Kirby West Cemetery. Does anyone connect to either family? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Alice West Ferguson
Gr Granddaugher

Silas West and Winnie Barefoot

Mel West (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: West, Barefoot
Would be interested in finding if we have a connection.
My Grandmother was a Barefoot. Have some on this line.

Descendants of John Barefoot
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN2 BAREFOOT (NOAH1) was born 1688 in Surry Co Virgina. He married MARY MYLES.
Child of JOHN BAREFOOT and MARY MYLES is:
2. i. JEPTHA3 BAREFOOT, b. 1725, Bertie Co North Carolina; d. 1799, Edgecombe Co North Carolina.
Generation No. 2
2. JEPTHA3 BAREFOOT (JOHN2, NOAH1) was born 1725 in Bertie Co North Carolina, and died 1799 in Edgecombe Co North Carolina. He married MARGARET.

Child of JEPTHA BAREFOOT and MARGARET is:

3. i. WILLIAM4 BAREFOOT, b. Abt. 1765; d. 1807, Edgecombe Co North Carolina.
Generation No. 3
3. WILLIAM4 BAREFOOT (JEPTHA3, JOHN2, NOAH1) was born Abt. 1765, and died 1807 in Edgecombe Co North Carolina.
Child of WILLIAM BAREFOOT is:
4. i. JONATHAN5 BAREFOOT, b. 1789, Edgecombe Co North Carolina; d. December 10, 1814, Nashville, Tennessee.

Generation No. 4

4. JONATHAN5 BAREFOOT (WILLIAM4, JEPTHA3, JOHN2, NOAH1) was born 1789 in Edgecombe Co North Carolina, and died December 10, 1814 in Nashville, Tennessee. He married NANCY WHITE January 2, 1812, daughter of DANIEL WHITE.

Children of JONATHAN BAREFOOT and NANCY WHITE are:

i. DANIEL6 BAREFOOT, b. 1813, Williamson Co. Tennessee; d. February 4, 1896, Montague, Co Texas; m. MATILDA MERINDA STONE; b. 1815, Kentucky; d. November 18, 1883, Montague, Co Texas.

ii. JONATHAN JR BAREFOOT, b. 1815, Williamson Co. Tennessee.

Barefoot of Sampson County, NC

Posted: 1 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2001 2:14AM GMT
Surnames: Barefoot, West
Hi Mel, I can only go back to the year 1833 when my gr grandfather Silas West was born. My gr grandmother Winifred "Winnie" or "Winny" Barefoot was born in 1840. According to the 1840 census, they lived in Westbrook township, Blackmans Mill. I haven't gotten past them. I can not find anything on either side. Do you have any names from the 1850, 1860 and 1870 census yet? I am sorry, these names do not look familiar. i will keep your list for future reference and will let you know if I find anything at a later date.

Re: Silas West and Winnie Barefoot

Posted: 16 Jun 2003 10:21PM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2005 10:29AM GMT
Surnames: barefoot, Denning, Tart, Holmes, Parker, Godwin, Jackson, Jacobs, West
Hi Mel, Its been along time since we e-mailed each other.I have gotten more information since I we chatted last. Yes, I am a descendant of Noah Barefoot. Its my understanding there were at least 3 Noah Barefoot men. I have history even before this.

Noah Barefoot, Sr 1721-1793
Noah Barefoot, Jr. 1754-1833
** Noah Barefoot 1790-1851
Do you know how many children each of the above NOAH's Fathered?

Noah Barefoot 1790-1851
children by 1st wife:*
Rosannah, children: Bright, Noah B., Clarkey (my gg grandmother, Avy Ann, Sarch, John and Susan
Rosanne m.Thomas Denning
Bright m. Susan Tart, Louise Holmes
Noah B.m. Eunice " Nicey" Tart
Avy Ann m Nathan Tart
Sarah m Elijah Parker
Children by 2nd Wife
Elizabeth "Lizzie" Godwin
Thomas, James (Jim), John , Joel, Nancy, John B, Barbara
Mary J, Jerusha and Redding

**GG grandma Clarky Barefoot m. Wiley Jackson
She married Wiley after she had her 3 children, they had no children together.
Children:
Don't have who the father was, but each had different fathers, so I am told.
John R. m ???
Mary m. Samuel Jacobs
Winifred "Winnie" Barefoot (my gr grandmother m.Silas West

Would you see if this helps with a connection. I received a lot of my information from Dan Jackson, who lives in NC and filled me on with this updated info.
Let me know if this clears up anything for you. Thanks
Alice

Dan Jackson (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2003 12:28AM GMT
Surnames: Barefoot
Alice,
I do have a few bits to add to your post. Noah Jr. married Rosannah LNU, not his son Noah. We do not know the first wife of Noah III. That would be Clarkey's mother. His second wife was Elizabeth "Lizzie" Godwin. Clarkey was probably the oldest of Noah's children. She had three children before she married Wiley C. Jackson. John R. Barefoot was fathered by William R. Tart according to court records. We do not know the fathers of the other two children. John R. Barefoot married Nancy Green Jackson. John R. Barefoot was born 19 March 1834 and died 19 August 1908. His wife was born 19 November 1838 and died 18 Septembr 1902. Mary Jacobs was born 1835 and died 17 June 1926. She was listed in the 1850 census as Mulatto. Of course you know about Winnie.
The children of the first Noah (1721-1793) and unknown wife were:
Noah Barefoot Jr., m. Rosannah LNU
John Barefoot d. 1808 in Marion Co. SC
Mary Barefoot m. Nathan Vick
Grace Barefoot m. Shadrack "Shade" Dees moved to GA
Charity Barefoot m. John Bryan, Sr. moved to GA
Nancy Barefoot m. James Jordan Jackson
Miles Barefoot d. 1778
The children of Noah Barefoot Jr. and Rosannah LNU were:
Noah III m. UN, 2nd Elizabeth Godwin
John Barefoot m. Elizabeth Smith
Miles Barefoot m. Meady Allen
Mary Barefoot m. Burwell Coats
Charity Barefoot m. ____ Smith

It may be interesting to note that on one of the census records Mary Jacobs was noted as an Indian. I don't remember which year. Dan

Posted: 9 Feb 2005 5:33PM GMT
Alice,
I know this is an old post, but please contact me at croot@rclub.net or keelymorgaine@aol.com alot of your info is incorrect. Thanks!!

Posted: 30 Sep 2007 5:13AM GMT
Surnames: Jacobs
Hey Dan
I'm digging up an old post but could you tell me more about Mary Jacobs? How did you find her in the census? What other years can you find her? Thanks.

Mary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic