Search for content in message boards

Boddie Family Research

Boddie Family Research

Posted: 13 Jun 1999 2:32PM GMT
Edited: 1 May 2002 12:58AM GMT
I am trying to accumulate some info on my ancestors in the Rocky Mount area of the state. My great grandfather was the late Claude Boddie, who married the late Matilda Porter, and my grandfather was the late Arthur Boddie, Sr. d. 1985. I'd like to go back alot further down the line in order to get the full scope of my family succession through the previous and current century. My grandfather had siblings whose names may be familiar to someone in the Rocky Mount area. I'll just run down a few names in hopes that someone will pick up the sequence. Some of my grandfathers siblings are as follows: Geneva Boddie Vines d. 1987, Sadie Boddie Harper d. 1984, Columbus Boddie d. 1991, Frank Boddie d. 1994, and a half Brother Robert Porter d. ? If anyone can help please feel free to contact me. Thanks.

Boddie

Kirby Ward (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 1999 8:36PM GMT
Check out the names of Nick and Mayo Boddie/Bodie in the Nash Co. side of R.Mt.
Also check on the Edgecomb side of the town. R.Mt is split by
two counties. Nick and Mayo were living there in the 1940-1980 range.

BODDIE TREE

trina (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 1999 5:38PM GMT
MY MOTHER IS LOOKING FOR A MAN NAMED COLUMBUS BODDIE WHOS NAME APPEARS ON HER BIRTHCERTIFICATE AS BEING HER BIOLOGICAL FATHER. ACCORDING TO HER BIRTHCERTIFICATE HE IS FROM THE NORTH CAROLINA AREA. MY SEARCH ON THE SSDI HAS TWO LISTINGS FOR COLUMBUS BODDIE BOTH WHOM ARE DESEASED. DO YOU KNOW IF ANY OF THE TWO EVER WORKED IN HOTSPRINGS,VA. AT A HOTEL. LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU THANKS. MAYBE WE ARE RELATED .

P.S. COLUMBUS BODDIE IS NOT A COMMON NAME.

Bodie/Boddie Line

Tracie (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 1999 7:37AM GMT
I have Boddie / Bodie in my Line. They are primarily in Edgefield,SC, and Isle of Wight County,VA. It is not completed but I do have quite a bit of info. The names you listed are not on here. However, being in NC the may be a branch I don't have yet. I would be very interested in the info you do have. Let me know if your Boddies reach into SC.

~Tracie

Bodie,Boddie

Betty B Becknell (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 1999 3:03AM GMT
Tracie, I have the SC Bodie/boddies in Edgefield--email me?? thanks,betty.

Bodie,Boddie

Betty B Becknell (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 1999 3:03AM GMT
Tracie, I have the SC Bodie/boddies in Edgefield--email me?? thanks,betty.

Edgefield Bodie''s

Tracie (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 1999 6:22AM GMT
Please e-mail me at t_ditmore@yahoo.com

I have no idea how to e-mail you!!

Thanks! ~Tracie

columbus

a boddie (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2000 10:48PM GMT
columbus is listed in military records

Re: Bodie/Boddie Line

Janet Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2001 11:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am a descendent of a line of Boddie's that came from Edgefield, SC and VA. My grandfather was Oliver Doyle Boddie. His parents were James and Mary Beard Boddie.
I would enjoy learning how and when some of them came to Texas.

Re: BODDIE TREE

Posted: 11 May 2002 1:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Yes, I am related to a Columbus Boddie; who passed away in Nov. 1991. He was my great uncle. My grandfather's younger brother. If I'm correct, he died in Rocky Mount, NC. I know that he was born in Edgecombe county between 1908-1909. I hope this info may help you in your search.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions