Search for content in message boards

Bowdoin/Arwood connectio?

Bowdoin/Arwood connectio?

Posted: 30 May 2007 12:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bowdoin/Arwood
I am looking for the name of the Bowdoin who married the daughter of George W Arwood in Coffee Co, AL and had Alfred J, Ethel, and Ollie (f). The children were living with George and his 4th wife Georgia in 1900. Also need the name of the Arwood daughter. Thanks

Re: Bowdoin/Arwood connectio?

Posted: 24 Jun 2007 10:15PM GMT
Hi Linda,
I just checked my favorite Bowdoin reference, U Bowdoin Marsh's book, The Bowdoin Family in the United States,for the names you list and do not see a match. If there's any other info you can provide please advise.
best,
Rick Bowdoin

Posted: 24 Jun 2007 10:44PM GMT
Surnames: Arwood/Bowdoin
Sorry, I did what I fuss about others doing. James Alfred Arwood, birth name Alford James Bowdoin, born 7 Jul 1887 Coffee Co, AL, gave his mother's name as Bay Arwood and father Charlie Bowdoin in 1953. Bay may have been a nickname for Eugenia Arwood, 1867-1896, daughter of George W. Arwood (1834-1921) and Sarah Ann Harper. James was listed with George and then wife Georgia in 1900 as Alford J Bowdoin with his sisters Ollie (1890) and Ethel (1891). Looking for info on father - Charlie Bowdoin probably of Coffee Co, AL. Thanks

Posted: 21 Sep 2007 1:32PM GMT
I show Tempa A. Arwood married to Daniel T. Bowdoin. She was the daughter of Jessie Arwood who was the son of John Hensley Arrowood. Jessie changed the spelling or the census taker did. They had a son named George Washington Bowdoin which would indicate some connection to someone else with the name of "George Washington".

arrow5807@bellsouth.net

Posted: 21 Sep 2007 1:33PM GMT
By the way this all took place in Coffee County, Alabama.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic