Search for content in message boards

Ora (orrie b.) Brenton

Ora (orrie b.) Brenton

Posted: 7 Jul 2009 3:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
searching for information on my grandfather, ora b brenton, who was born in kansas, approx. 1900. according to family lore, he competed in rodeos and travelled thru most of the western united states. He died in about 1941, his family being very poor, could not afford to bury him, so his brothers, claimed his body to be buried. He was married to helen homewood, who died before him in about 1934. any information would be appreciated.

Re: Ora (orrie b.) Brenton

Posted: 10 Dec 2009 11:23PM GMT
I have looked up the census records for the family,1880 through 1930, and a possible tie in further back. Did Ora remarry? I find a marriage records in Ark. in 1837, for an Ora B. Brenton. Any other clues to where he died?
Howard Boswell

Posted: 15 Dec 2009 3:26PM GMT
I am related to the brenton family as a "half" niece as orrie remarried after my grandmother died to floy moore. Most of the family lineage has been researched, the only person, not accounted for was orrie brenton, although he might be buried in kansas. This is my grandfather. My main interest lies in finding out some information or lore about him because, he apparently led a colorful life as a cowboy, traveling from town to town to compete in rodeos; he even had a mural painted, with him as the subject, riding a bucking horse. I actually saw this mural in the early 1960's in a bus station, somewhere in Oregon around Portland, but i was really small and didnt understand that this was my grandfather, lol. Well, thank you for your input, anything is appreciated, sincerely Quinn

Posted: 10 Aug 2014 2:38PM GMT
Was skimming through this web site and came across your posting. My grandfather had a brother named Ora, who was born around the same time and place that you posted in your message. I now that this is about five years after the post but would like to trade any information.
My grandfather was origionally from Pottowatame county Kansas, and you may want to check out the Laclade cemetery on line.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic