Search for content in message boards

long lost cody's

long lost cody's

Heather Cody (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2000 2:17PM GMT
Hi I am looking for any information regaurding people related to.. Charles John Cody 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th. I'm not very good at this so anyone related please e-mail me!!! thank you.. bye!

long lost Cody's

anthony cody (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2000 7:11PM GMT
Where is your family originally from?

I am currently working on my family history and have meet a couple of relatives through this media.

long lost Cody's

Heather (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2000 8:15PM GMT
My family is originaly from Ireland. I'm not so sure what city or exact area, but Ireland is a positive origin.

Long, lost Codys

Posted: 17 Jun 2000 8:22PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2002 1:10AM GMT
Where did they settle after they came from Ireland? Do you have any dates or locations to go on?

long lost Cody's

Heather (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2000 8:28PM GMT
Well, Charles John Cody 1st came to America and settled in New Haven, Connecticut. Then Charles J Cody 2nd stayed there, and Charles J. Cody 3rd moved away. And Charles J. Cody 4th and 5th now live in Louisiana. So your answer is... New Haven, Connecticut.

Long, lost Codys

Posted: 17 Jun 2000 8:35PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2002 1:10AM GMT
Sorry, not connected to my Codys. Try the Cody genforum. There are lots of Cody messages from all areas.
http://genforum.genealogy.com/cody/
Good luck!

Re: Long, lost Codys

Posted: 18 Apr 2012 10:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cody
Are your Codys from NC, GA, MS? I'm from that line of Codys.

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 12:08AM GMT
What family are your Codys from? Simerson Cody of Georgia?
Jacob or John Cody?

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 2:08AM GMT
Sermanson Codey/Cemenson Codey/Sermanson Cody/Serminson Coday (This is crazy!) The name on his Confederacy enlistment papers is Serminson Coday. However, the name on MS Land Records is Sermenson Coday.

He was my GGGgrandfather. I believe his son was John B. and he had a son, Howard W., my great-grandfather, who ran off with a woman and left my great-grandmother and four kids in Biloxi, MS. I can't find Howard W. after 1920.

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 2:26AM GMT
This new 1940 census should help you. Check the states that have come out with index and he will show up there. I believe Familysearch has the 1940 census index of some of the states.Check that out first then less look for the graves on findagrave. The s/s deaath records might show up if you look for that as well.Take the state around Mississippi and look for him there first. He was born in Alabama so search that state first then Fl., Louisiana, Ark.,Tn.---so on and so. Then if no find look in Michigan,Il., N.Y. for the state that would have industry going on. Check the city directory for the name in the large cities.
Paul
per page

Find a board about a specific topic