Search for content in message boards

Milton S. Dale/Dail - Grainger County Tennessee to Wayne County Missouri

Milton S. Dale/Dail - Grainger County Tennessee to Wayne County Missouri

Posted: 19 Apr 2006 7:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
My gggrandfather was Milton S. Dale/Dail who is listed on the 1850 census in Grainger County Tennessee with his mother and siblings. On the 1860 census, Milton is in Wayne County Missouri and married to Mary Camp/Kemp. It appears that several of his siblings have moved to Missouri around the same time. On the 1840 census for Grainger County, there is a James Dail (I think he is the father of Milton), Abner Dail and Abel Dail. It is my theory that James and Abner are brothers and that Abel is their father. I find that James married a Nancy McDonald and Abner married a Jane McDonald - could brothers have married sisters? I would like to share info with anyone working on these lines. Thank you!

Re: Milton S. Dale/Dail - Grainger County Tennessee to Wayne County Missouri

Posted: 4 May 2006 3:56PM GMT
Surnames: DAIL McDONALD
My husband descends from Abner Dail who married Jane McDonald. Abner was the son of Able Dail and wfe Ruth. We found where they are all buried in Powder Springs. They ore down the "old home place". About 20 years ago we took the video camer and made a video of the house. I agree with you James and Abner were brothers. I have a copy of the will of both Abner and father Able Dail. I also have a copy of the will of Reuben and Sally McDonald the parents of Nancy and Jane.
My email address is celticgreene@knology.net
Patty

Debbie Horine (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2006 10:05PM GMT
Patty,

Thank you for the reply. In 1860 in Wayne County Missouri, there is 5 male Dales listed - Milton, Hiram, Noah, James and Wiley. I am in the process of tracing all 5 lines to determine if they are brothers. Wiley is listed with Milton on the 1850 census in Grainger County; family tradition states Milton had a brother named Hiram. Hiram and Wiley are not listed on the 1870 census - I am in the process trying to obtain their Civil War Records. I can find your Abner on the 1850 census in Grainger, but not James. Do you know what happened to James?

Debbie

Posted: 28 May 2006 7:45PM GMT
Patty,

Would it be possible to get a copy of Able's and Reuben's will? Also, where is Powder Springs and are there head stones? Sorry for all the questions!!!! I have just sent for the Civil War records for Willey, Hiram, Melton, James and John Dale in Missouri - hope they are packed with info!!

Debbie

Posted: 17 Jul 2006 7:54PM GMT
Debbie,
I am from the line of Rueben Dail who's father was Abner and I have also been to the Dail Cemetery. There are headstones but the cemetery is on private land with a wall around it. Nicholas Gibbs Dail and family is buried there. I saw no stones for Abner.

Greg Dale (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2006 8:37PM GMT
I also would like to see Rueben's will. I have Abel's, but I did not know about Rueben's.

Posted: 12 Nov 2006 6:59AM GMT
Hi Milton Dale is my gggrandfather too. I would love to get a copy of the McDonald's will and the Dail's too. If that is not possible, can someone post what book it is in???? Also, does anyone know what country the Dails are from, and why they changed the spelling of their name? Thanks

Posted: 28 Mar 2008 3:36PM GMT
Just saw your message - my father was Milton Dail from NC. His line comes from Elbert Melton Dail whose grandfather was a James Dail from Wayne Co. NC thought to be the son of Abel Dail or Thomas Dail from what was then Dobbs County. They were thought to be in Tenn. in the 1800's. Wonder if these are the same lines? If you have a male Dail who would donate DNA to familytree DNA we could prove that. My late father donated his. Only male YDNA with the Dail/Deal surname should be contributed.

Posted: 15 May 2008 11:14PM GMT
Debbie,

I just saw your post on Powder Springs and would be glad to share what inkformation I have. I well know where Powder Springs is having had my mis-spent youth there.

bill

Posted: 30 Jun 2012 3:51AM GMT
Hello Ma'am,
My name is Bronk Allen and Milton S Dale is my ggg grandfather.My Dale roots are from Ripley county, Missouri.I remember my Great Grandpa Palmer Dale telling stories about his father George Washington Dale(Milton and Mary's eldest son), but never anything about Milton.I would love to see any Civil War records that you have recieved.Or any records for that matter.Kind of wild that all of us on here posting about Milton and the rest of the Dale clan are related in one way or another.
Thank you,
Bronk Allen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic