farrar -Va.

farrar -Va.

Debbie Farrar (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2000 8:30PM GMT
farrar in va, n.c.

Farrar in Virginia

Cornelia Joan Farrar (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2000 6:36PM GMT
I am a member of the Farrar family in Nelson County Virginia. There are many of us who are ancestors of Farrars' of Farrar Isle in Virginia. My father was one of nine who owned a farm and whiskey barrel making company in the late 1800's.

Farrar's in Nelson Co.

Posted: 15 Aug 2000 6:50PM GMT
Edited: 14 Dec 2005 1:04PM GMT
Hi there, my father's family is from down that way - the Damerons/Damrons, Lovings, Andersons etc. My Farrar connection is with the Andersons. William Anderson m. Nancy Farrar in 1803 in Albemarle Co., her father was Richard Farrar and mother was Susan Shelton. I've had people tell me that Richard Farrar did not have a daughter named Nancy but these were the people listed as her parents on the marriage bond - also William and Nancy Farrar Anderson's son Thomas Jefferson Anderson inherited some property from Richard Farrar's estate along the Rockfish River, Nancy died before her father did. Anyway, just had to share.

Debra in Luray, Va.

Farrar - Nelson Co.

Posted: 16 Aug 2000 4:43PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 3:53AM GMT
Hi,
I don't believe that we have corresponded in the past, if so, I do not have a record. I would like to contact you at your email address to give you the rest of my family names to see if anything crosses with yours. My email is: oldva@pinn.net
My ggg-grandfather John M. Farrar b.abt.1790 m. in Nelson Co.1816 to Nancy Wheeler b.1795. Both born in Amherst Co.
Thanks,
Sherry Mason

Farrar's Rockfish area

Posted: 16 Aug 2000 5:07PM GMT
Hello Debra,
My ggg-grandfather John M. Farrar b.abt.1790 m. in Nelson Co.1816 to Nancy Wheeler b.1795. Both born in Amherst Co. I remember that my grandfather, Benjamin Franklin Farrar used to take his older sister Ella Rothwell to visit relatives in the Rockfish and Ivy area. I just left a message for Cordelia Farrar as well, hoping that if I sent her a list of the ancestor names that I have, she might have seen them in her search. I would like to do the same with you.
My email is: oldva@pinn.net
I am currently living in Tidewater Va. Would love to hear from you.
Sherry Mason

Farrar (Benjamin Franklin)

Posted: 23 Aug 2000 3:41PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2003 9:32PM GMT
Dear Sherry, We must have a connection. My
grandfather's name was also Benjamin Franklin
Farrar from Union Parish, La. I just learned that our family lineage ties back to William Farrar of Virginia.
John Philley sent me the line back to William, 1583- in Virginia. If you think
ther is a connection, I'll send you what I have.
Jane

Farrar in Virginia

Posted: 23 Aug 2000 3:52PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2003 9:32PM GMT
Dear Debra, As I just emailed Sherry, we may
all be connected. I just received information
that ties my grandfather, Benjamin Franklin
Farrar to William Farrar of Virginia in 1583.
If you think we can tie it together, I'll send
my information to you. Maybe we can share.
There is also a Nancy Emily Farrar for whom
I was named, in my line.
Jane

Nelson Co. Va. Farrar family

Posted: 23 Aug 2000 4:23PM GMT
Edited: 14 Dec 2005 1:04PM GMT
Hello Jane,

I can't go as far back as you have but this is what I've discovered so far. I went down to Albemarle Co. Courthouse and did some more digging and discovered the following lineage:

John Farrar m. ? died in Albemarle Co. 1769
Richard Farrar m. Susan Shelton. He was the ruling elder of Cove church and owned land on Green Ivy creeks, branches of the lower Rockfish along with his brothers Perrin, William and Peter.
Nancy Farrar m. William Anderson 1803 Albemarle co.

So John Farrar is as far back as I can go. He had married children when he died, so he must have been at least in his 40s.

Thanks for the contact.

Debra

re: Benjamin Franklin Farrar

Posted: 23 Aug 2000 6:20PM GMT
Hi Jane,
Nice to hear from you. I don't imagine that there are a lot of Ben.Frank.Farrar's. My grandfather was born abt. 1901.

As a child, he lived in Ivy,Va., Albemarle Co., with his parents (my g-grans.)Charles Clark Farrar and wife Lillie Maupin.

Charles Clark's parents were in Nelson Co., Wyatt T.Farrar and Indiana Townsend.

Wyatts parents (my ggg-grans) were John M. Farrar and Nancy Wheeler both born in Amherst Co. and Married in Nelson Co. in 1816.

Debra Miller mentioned that she found reference to a Jno.S.M.Farrar in some miscellaneous records in Albemarle Co., conected to her line. Perhaps this is my ggg-gran. Need to visit the Albemarle Courthouse and find out.
Sherry Mason - oldva@pinn.net

John Farrar et al.

Posted: 24 Aug 2000 3:02PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2001 3:25PM GMT
John Farrar (c1687-1769), son of Thomas and Katherine Perrin Farrar, m. Sarah Farmer. They had 9 children: Elizabeth m. Thomas Farrar (son of William and Sarah Farrar) and had 4 sons and 7 daughters; Perrin ( -c1793) whose wife is unknown had 4 sons and 1 daughter; Catherine m. Ralph Jopling and had 7 sons and 6 daughters; Sarah who married a Spencer; John m. Mary Wadlow and had 8 daughters and 5 sons; Thomas ( -1811) m. Bettie Martin in 1762 and had 4 sons and 1 daughter; Richard ( -1807) m. Susan Shelton and had 3 sons and 2 daughters; Peter who died 1764-1769, m.1, Trepanah LaForce, m. 2 on 1793 Martha Parker and 5 sons and 3 daughters; and William.

John's parents were Thomas Farrar (c1662-1742) and Katherine Perrin (1667-1747). His father also married Mary Ligon in 1683.

All lived in Virginia.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic