Search for content in message boards

John Gentle from Maryland

John Gentle from Maryland

Posted: 25 Aug 2005 4:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Dec 2005 6:51PM GMT
I do genealogy in Fairview, Illinois and we have Gentles. John had T.S. Gentle and Wm.T. Gentle. T.S. Gentle (b. 26 Jun 1845 in Hamilton Co., Ohio and married Sally Kessler in 1876.
They moved to Illinois. Any familiar lineage? His brother, William t. Gentle married America Ann Smith and had Lacie (my great great aunt), Mattie and Minnie. Any connections? Mary Jo

Re: John Gentle from Maryland

Paul Gentle (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2006 4:14PM GMT
John Gentle was my great grandfather. For the past year or so I have been working on a chart of the descendants of William T. Gentle, John's father.Presently I have over 650 descendants. You should be on that chart I would think but you aren't. I sure would like to hear from you. Maybe I can help you also.
Paul T. Gentle

Fulton County, Illinois

Posted: 9 Mar 2006 11:42PM GMT
William t. Gentle (1783) m. Mary M. Thompson (22 Mar 1785 in Montgomery Co., Maryland and I only have the one line: Thomas E. Gentle (born 11 Feb. 1824, Cinn. Ohio and died 29 Oct. 1878. Are you saying that John is Thomas's brother? I have a letter signed John. thomas E. married Mary Jane Turoces (1829) and they had Hester, John Wesley, William T., and T.Ellis
Hester m. a Johnson and had Ora and Willis.
John m. Martha Terwilliger and had Charles and Thomas A.
William T. m. America Ann Smith and had Lacie, Minnie and Mattie. That is the line in Fairview, Fulton County, Illinois that I am familiar with....
Mary Jo

Re: Fulton County, Illinois

Gentle, Paul (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2006 1:39AM GMT
William T. Gentle had the following children: Elizabeth,John, William P., Hester, Mary Ann, George, Benjamin, James C., Thomas E., Margaret C., and Ebenezer. They were all born in Ohio but many of them moved to Illinois. Do you have Gentle ancestors? If you do I would be interested in hearing about it. I have been working a little over a year on a chart of the descendants Of William T. Gentle.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions