Search for content in message boards

William Anderson Grady

William Anderson Grady

Posted: 6 Aug 2000 2:34PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2002 7:29PM GMT
I am searching for information on my g-grandfather, William Anderson Grady, who lived in Mill Creek Twp., Clarion County, Pennsylvania, in the 1870s, according to the best information I have. William A. Grady was married to Sophia McGonigle, and I have information on her, back to Robert McGonigle, but that on William A. Grady is slim. The couple had children John, Leonard, James S. (my g-father)Edward, Elizabeth (Bess), Mae, and Myrtle. Elizabeth married Patrick Atkinson, and they resided in Greensboro, NC, according to information I have. The rest are lost, except for my g-father, James who was born March 26, 1876 and moved to Mississippi around the turn of the century.

I would like to complete information on William A. Grady, and move back beyond him, if possible. Am at a "dead end." From what I have been told, there were quite a few relatives in Upper State NY, but I have no idea who they may be.

Any help from Grady relations will be most appreciated.

Joe Grady
RebSojer@jam.rr.com

Joe Grady

patricia (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2000 9:02PM GMT
My Grandmothers name was Mae Grady she lived in the bronx new york as far as I know she was an orphan brought up by the nuns I was wondering if maybe she was part of the family you where talking about

Family of William A. Grady

Posted: 23 Aug 2000 4:02AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 10:39PM GMT
Hi Patricia, thanks for the response. I don't think this would be the Mae Grady you were referring to. Mae Grady was born in Clarion County, PA, I think, and the family lived there. I think Mae lived in Pittsburgh later on. Wish I could tell you more about this.

Joe

GRADY SURNAME

JIM GRADY (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2000 7:45PM GMT
IF YOU NEED INFO ON GRADY'S ALONG THE EASTERN SEABOARD (N.J. AND N.Y.)CONTACT ME.
JIM GRADY

Grady family on East Coast

Joyce Grady (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2000 7:34AM GMT
I am searching for information about Michael Grady family that lived in VT. I would be interested to learn if you have anything on this family. Thank you.

GRADY on the Eastern Seaboard

Posted: 30 Sep 2000 4:59PM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2001 10:04PM GMT
Patrick and Anna Grady lived in Phillipsburg, NJ. They had seven children. They were immigrants from Ireland. Co. Galway and Co. Mayo. DOB abt. 1865.

GRADY on the Eastern Seaboard

Posted: 30 Sep 2000 4:59PM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2001 10:04PM GMT
Patrick and Anna Grady lived in Phillipsburg, NJ. They had seven children. They were immigrants from Ireland. Co. Galway and Co. Mayo. DOB abt. 1865.

GW Grady Strother Grady, wVa 1850+

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2001 6:21AM GMT
My daughter is doing a school project and looking for info on George Washington Grady married to Ann Rebecca Elizabeth Waybright of Pendleton Co. W. Va. Also Strother Grady for whom my mother has an old photo and a very distant cousin also has his photo but we have no idea the connection. Strother Grady was dressed in what appeared to be civil war clothing. There is perhaps a Rockinham Co. Virginia connection also all of whom date mid to late 1800's. Help?? Thanks, Karen

Re: GRADY SURNAME

Posted: 11 May 2002 12:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, I am trying to locate my ggrandfather Patrick M. Eagan & have a SS applacation for a Harriet Cecelia Eagan & it states her mother was Katherine Grady. This is apparently PME's 2nd wife which I had no idea of .Would you happen to have one in your family? Patrick lived in several cities in NY & Pa. the last being Buffallo NY. Scranton Pa. was another. have no idea when they married but after 1878,( another child was born to Patrick & a Mary Connell )& Harriet was born in 1903. in Scranton Pa.

Re: GW Grady Strother Grady, wVa 1850+

Christine Holloway (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2002 2:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
I would be very interested in being emailed or mailed a copy of Strother Grady's Civil War picture. He is a distant cousin of my husbands'. I have been working for a while on the Grady line. My husband is a 4th ggrandson of Ambrose Grady. I am quite willing to share family information.
Thank you--
Christine
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions