Search for content in message boards

William Jeffrey

William Jeffrey

Posted: 5 Jul 2004 3:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jeffrey/Duncan/Hill/Maddox/Isaman
Looking for Lineage of William Jeffrey, b Ireland, d 1872 US. Married Anna Duncan 1850 Ireland, b May 15, 1828. Children: John Good Jeffrey, b Aug 8, 1854, Chester County, Penn, d Feb 22 1929 Kingfisher, OK. Married Emma Maddox. Marguerette Jeffrey b abt 1858. Henry Wooddrop Jeffrey b Jun 27, 1860, Chester County, Penn, d Jun 12, 1927, Southard, OK, Married Jane Hill Apr 8, 1886 Iowa. William C Jeffrey, b abt 1864, Penn. Family listed 1880 census Page County Iowa Anna as widow. Any help or relatives out there appreciated.

Re: William Jeffrey

Posted: 7 Jun 2008 11:53PM GMT
My family is related to John Good Jeffrey. His parents were William Jeffrey and Ann Duncker. John was born 5 Aug 1854 in Chester Co, Penn. He died 22 Feb 1929 and is buried in Kingfisher, OK. John's death cert. says his father was born in Ireland. This information was provided by G.W. (George William) Jeffrey, my grandfather. John married Emma Maddox on July 22, 1877 (according to his obit). He later married Diantha Remmel on Feb 9th, 1890 after Emma died. John's children with Emma were George William, b 15 Sep 1878; Fred Clyde, b. 1880 d. age 24; Alta Mae, b.27 Jul 1881; Blanche, b. 15 Sep 1885; Ernest Good, b. 13 Nov 1887.
His children with Diantha Remmel (his second wife) were Henry W. Jeffrey, b 11 Dec. 1890; Earl Jeffrey, and "Maggie" Jeffrey who died in Oct. 1897 of whooping cough, according to his obit. My information on John's family is fairly accurate, coming from birth certificates, obits, and family members. But my knowledge of William and Ann is limited. Let me know if this helps.

Re: William Jeffrey

Posted: 7 Jun 2008 11:54PM GMT
Surnames: Jeffrey, Duncker, Maddox, Remmel
My family is related to John Good Jeffrey. His parents were William Jeffrey and Ann Duncker. John was born 5 Aug 1854 in Chester Co, Penn. He died 22 Feb 1929 and is buried in Kingfisher, OK. John's death cert. says his father was born in Ireland. This information was provided by G.W. (George William) Jeffrey, my grandfather. John married Emma Maddox on July 22, 1877 (according to his obit). He later married Diantha Remmel on Feb 9th, 1890 after Emma died. John's children with Emma were George William, b 15 Sep 1878; Fred Clyde, b. 1880 d. age 24; Alta Mae, b.27 Jul 1881; Blanche, b. 15 Sep 1885; Ernest Good, b. 13 Nov 1887.
His children with Diantha Remmel (his second wife) were Henry W. Jeffrey, b 11 Dec. 1890; Earl Jeffrey, and "Maggie" Jeffrey who died in Oct. 1897 of whooping cough, according to his obit. My information on John's family is fairly accurate, coming from birth certificates, obits, and family members. But my knowledge of William and Ann is limited. Let me know if this helps.

Re: William Jeffrey,Anne Duncan; Tyrone, North Ireland

Posted: 11 Feb 2011 3:21PM GMT
Surnames: Jeffrey, Duncan
Hi; I might be able to help you; In my line, there was a Christopher Jeffrey b. 1841,Ireland, who had 5 children including a Henry Jeffrey b. 1777, who had a son named William, born 1827.
Now the interesting part; William married Anne Duncan in 1850. I have no record of their line after that point.
The earliest records I have are William Jeffries of Feenan/Fintona/Annagbho townlands in Tyrone County, Northern Ireland. Though I have no birth/death/marriage date for him, I have land leases that name his son Christoper who had Henry who had your William.

Posted: 3 Jun 2011 9:18PM GMT
Surnames: Jeffrey, Duncker/Duncan
Richard - This sounds like it could be the same family! My research on William's family through his son John Good Jeffrey is fairly certain and complete. John Good Jeffrey was my Grandfather's Father. There is a census of Honeybrook Township, Chester County,PA (1860) that lists a William Jeffries, wife Ann, daughters Mary and Sarah (born in Ireland)and son John age 5, daughter Margaret and Son Solomon all born in Pennsylvania. The last name is spelled differently, but their son John was born in 1854 according to his obit. I have no records on Mary, Sarah and Solomon, and it may be that they died young, or elected to stay in Ireland. This gives me a place to start looking in Ireland. Thank you so much!

Posted: 10 Jan 2012 11:29AM GMT
Surnames: Houston, Jeffery
In 1757 John Houston with his brother William and William´s brother-in-law, William Jeffery, leased the townlands of Feenan for a long period of years. Feenan lies about one mile northwest the market town of Fintona in the parish of Donacavey, County Tyrone, Ireland.
John and William Houston(possibly my ancestor) came from Newtown Stewart, Tyrone and were born about 1730's so I suspect William Jeffery would also have been from there and about the same age. I don't know Williams wife's name nore anything else about the Jefferies.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions