Search for content in message boards

Village Names on Marriage Record Translation

Village Names on Marriage Record Translation

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 1:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Müller, Hubatschke, Fischer, Pelz,
I have located my gg-grandparents marriage record and have tried to translate it the best I could, but am having a hard time getting the villages figured out. It appears they were married in Brusau, Moravia, (Moravska, Trebova, Czechoslovakia)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bob

The record is from: Marriage Book: Czech Republic, Church Books, 1552-1948 Religion: Catholic. District: Svitavy. Place: Březová nad Svitavou. Marriages (Sňatky) 1872-1891 (v. R 8-1C)

Marriage between Anton MÜLLER, catholic, 40 years old, widower, and Juliana HUBATSCHKE, catholic, 21 1/2 years old, unmarried on the 23rd of October 1877.

Anton Müller, silk weaver and cottager, living in Hinterwasser, legitimate son of the deceased Anton MÜLLER, cottager in Zuschitz (?) by M. Truban (?) and his wife Viktoria, maiden name FISCHER, from Zuschitz (?).
Their engagement (?) was announced on the 7th, 14th and 21st of October 1877.

Juliana HUBATSCHKE, living in Brusau, legitimate daughter of the deceased Adalbert Hubatsche, butcher (?) in Brusau  and his wife Johanna, maiden name PELZ, from Binla (?)

Anton Muller was first married to Franziska KOLETSCHKA

It says that several document were attached, among them the marriage record of the first marriage and the death certificate of the first wife and some others I can't read. There is the signature of the person who married them and the names of the witnesses.
Attachments:

Re: Village Names on Marriage Record Translation

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 5:27AM GMT
Zuschitz bei M. Trubau = Sušice near Moravská Třebová http://mapy.cz/#x=16.689535&y=49.757943&z=12&t=s...

The three dates are dates for banns.

Brüsau is German name for Březová nad Svitavou.

Village for Johanna Pelz could be Biela - there´s one called Bělá nad Svitavou near Březová.

Re: Village Names on Marriage Record Translation

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 11:16PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic